Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open revolver

Makicjf

I shoot open in USPSA with minor loads to practice for ICORE as there is not any ICORE clubs near me. I have achieved B class in open with my revolver and not that is going to win me anything in USPSA but it does feel good to beat a few open shooters at the local matches. Just can’t see beating up the revolver and myself by shooting major but if that is what flicks your bic I would say go for it. ✌🏻🇺🇸🦅

3 hours ago, DukeSoprano said:

Too bad you are so far away, we are hosting the ICORE 2023 Central Regional match here in Rockford, IL

What are the dates?  ICORE website doesn't have it up yet.  

7 hours ago, DukeSoprano said:

Too bad you are so far away, we are hosting the ICORE 2023 Central Regional match here in Rockford, IL

3 hours ago, Carmoney said:

What are the dates?  ICORE website doesn't have it up yet.  

I’m the regional series director and I’ve heard nothing about this. So…

https://www.facebook.com/ICOREshooting

SUMMER MATCH OPPORTUNITY FOR CENTRAL MEMBERS!!!
This summer, members/clubs in the Central Region will be able to shoot a 2023 Central Regional match at their local clubs as opposed to traveling to a host site. It will be open to members in Central states, any member who may be visiting one of those clubs, and possibly members in states adjacent to Central states.
MATCH DIRECTORS, RULES, PRIZES
Jim Jensen and Tom Gehl of the Rockford Revolvers (IL) will serve as the Regional Match Directors. As usual, the current ICORE Rule Book applies, and winners of the Divisions and Special Recognition Categories will receive $$ awards.
TENTATIVE PLAN: July 1 - September 3.
The 8-stage match will include the following: 6 regular stages + 1 classifier + chronograph. Instructions will go out in time for a July 1 start, and clubs will have until Sunday, September 3 to shoot the match. Club reps or local match directors will report their scores to the Regional Match Director by e-mailing (1) a spreadsheet of results, OR (2) the PractiScore results link. Stand by ....

8 hours ago, DukeSoprano said:

I had planned on going last year and might make it this year. Only 155 miles and I can drive that up and back in a days time. When might the match be shot at Rockford. 

14 hours ago, DukeSoprano said:

https://www.facebook.com/ICOREshooting

SUMMER MATCH OPPORTUNITY FOR CENTRAL MEMBERS!!!
This summer, members/clubs in the Central Region will be able to shoot a 2023 Central Regional match at their local clubs as opposed to traveling to a host site. It will be open to members in Central states, any member who may be visiting one of those clubs, and possibly members in states adjacent to Central states.
MATCH DIRECTORS, RULES, PRIZES
Jim Jensen and Tom Gehl of the Rockford Revolvers (IL) will serve as the Regional Match Directors. As usual, the current ICORE Rule Book applies, and winners of the Divisions and Special Recognition Categories will receive $$ awards.
TENTATIVE PLAN: July 1 - September 3.
The 8-stage match will include the following: 6 regular stages + 1 classifier + chronograph. Instructions will go out in time for a July 1 start, and clubs will have until Sunday, September 3 to shoot the match. Club reps or local match directors will report their scores to the Regional Match Director by e-mailing (1) a spreadsheet of results, OR (2) the PractiScore results link. Stand by ....

The way that this sounded to me when I first read it a few weeks ago was that it sounded like they were running this like a postal match, but was calling it a central regional, and clubs in the central region had two months to set up the stages at their ranges and when completed submit the results.

We had our monthly ICORE match tonight and we received permission from the club to use all 3 ranges, we will hold it on August 7th at 5PM, ICORE will pick the classifier. We have to submit our stages to ICORE for approval so the other clubs can set up the same stages.

53 minutes ago, DukeSoprano said:

We had our monthly ICORE match tonight and we received permission from the club to use all 3 ranges, we will hold it on August 7th at 5PM, ICORE will pick the classifier. We have to submit our stages to ICORE for approval so the other clubs can set up the same stages.

Is that a Monday? I am so confused about this…

19 minutes ago, DukeSoprano said:

The Rockford IL Match will be on a Monday night, I do not know yet when any other clubs in the Midwest will be holding their match.

Are we talking about a regional championship or a club match?