Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Check my data please 9 major

Bakerjd

Gun info: 2011 open gun. 5" OAL KKM 9mm bushing barrel with D2C cone comp. 

Load info: 7.1gn Winchester Autocomp, mixed headstamp rollsized brass, ginex small pistol primers, PD 124JHP v2, 1.170 OAL.

See picture for chrono data. 

Is this OK? I'm used to 9 major being under 1400FPS. But if I go lower then 7gn FPS drops quickly. 6.8gn only gets me 164PF.

20230413_185348.jpg

I run 6.9 WAC at 1.155 under PD 124JHP @ 174-176PF 3 port comp, 2 popple hole barrel.  Lengthening OAL gets the power factor down but I start to see more muzzle rise.  

Edited by NoSteel

I think I'm gonna do another batch of test loads starting at 6.6 and going to 7.0gn. 

I don't get any bad pressure signs which is good but I really feel like either I messed up on powder drop or wrote something down wrong. 

8 hours ago, Hollow-Point said:

I have 124g 6.8, 6.9, and the 7.0 recipes if you want the chrono data, as a reference. I can’t post them, let me know!

Thanks for the offer. I loaded some test rounds tonight and will get this and my HS6 loads tested this week some time. 

29 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Thanks for the offer. I loaded some test rounds tonight and will get this and my HS6 loads tested this week some time. 

No problem. I’ve been using HS6 myself. I like it better than the Autocomp. Not saying WAC is bad, I just prefer the HS6. I’m also in the process of laddering some AA7 loads…

Well she ran some of my buddies 9.8gn AA7 ammo tonight and promptly decided she loved it over the autocomp and HS6 loads I made up to chono. Makes 176PF and shoots stupid flat. He runs blue bullets but I'm going to do a small ladder test with JHP bullets and call it good. 

Thanks everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded up some rounds at 9.4gn and will see how that does. Crazy thing to me is this load is what a few of my friends use and all are just about the same as far as PF goes. It did shoot REALLY flat though. And primers looked ok. No more flatter then normal really. But 1500FPS seems just a bit too fast to me. 

20230430_192220.jpg

Edited by Bakerjd