Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New MPA DS9 Limited Optics Comp!

HOGRIDER

3 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Forgot to update from my earlier conversation with Phil about being able to tap holes into the gun. I'm very pleased with his transparency and I'm going to be going through with my order anyways. Hopefully mine's a little quicker than the 13 weeks.. just because I'm impatient.

Screenshot from our e-mails.

image.png.81a4a42aa4545b8feb3a6ad0e2177bb8.png

IF you or anyone are in a hurry for an LOC, and don't want a specific "color scheme" then Shooter's Connection is a Platinum Dealer for MPA......

And I feel confident any qualified gunsmith with precise machining capabilities would be able to provide the Cmore patterned mounting holes you need.

Good luck!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI:

Looks like BattleHawk Armory is an MPA Dealer!  Posted this on their FaceBook page:

~ A Masterpiece ~
Masterpiece Arms DS9 Commander now in stock!
MasterPiece Arms DS series pistols are hand built and ready for daily or competition use, AL Frame Double Stack 1911

May be an image of text

All reactions:
8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor
BattleHawk Armory
-Sold Instantly- But more on the way!
  •  

https://battlehawkarmory.com/product-manufacturer/masterpiece-arms

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

I would love to see this set up in the wild

a buddy of mine that comes around a few times a year is on team mpa and shoots the limiter version and it is definitely a runner

very interested in lo and the open offering

On 5/12/2023 at 6:52 PM, HOGRIDER said:

And I feel confident any qualified gunsmith with precise machining capabilities would be able to provide the Cmore patterned mounting holes you need.

Due to the relief cut in the frame for the rail, it's not really possible. 

I'm probably going to be looking to try 2011 slide stop thumb rests, like the Atlas or PT.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:32 PM, Npoulson said:

I would love to see this set up in the wild

a buddy of mine that comes around a few times a year is on team mpa and shoots the limiter version and it is definitely a runner

very interested in lo and the open offering

Where are you located? 

5 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

...I'm probably going to be looking to try 2011 slide stop thumb rests, like the Atlas or PT.

I have the Atlas thumb rest on my Hybrid DS40 and definitely recommend it. Only upgrade I've made to mine.

6 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Due to the relief cut in the frame for the rail, it's not really possible. 

I'm probably going to be looking to try 2011 slide stop thumb rests, like the Atlas or PT.

Is the Nitro Fin 2.0 that comes on the LOC not an option?

https://shootingsportsinnovations.com/nitro-fin-2-0-2011-sti-sv-slide-lock-thumb-rest/

Does the Atlas or PT offer more?

Thanks.

16 hours ago, HOGRIDER said:

Is the Nitro Fin 2.0 that comes on the LOC not an option?

https://shootingsportsinnovations.com/nitro-fin-2-0-2011-sti-sv-slide-lock-thumb-rest/

Does the Atlas or PT offer more?

Thanks.

It's an "option" but I prefer thumb rests that are more upright, like the Tevos. I tend not to cant my left hand's wrist forward enough and the nitro really wouldn't be useful for my grip style.

16 hours ago, ramnj said:

I have the Atlas thumb rest on my Hybrid DS40 and definitely recommend it. Only upgrade I've made to mine.

That's awesome! Would you be kind enough to post a picture? I wonder how it looks and if it would work well enough for me. I haven't found a picture of one ON a gun, so I'm unsure of the angle.

5 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

It's an "option" but I prefer thumb rests that are more upright, like the Tevos. I tend not to cant my left hand's wrist forward enough and the nitro really wouldn't be useful for my grip style.

That's awesome! Would you be kind enough to post a picture? I wonder how it looks and if it would work well enough for me. I haven't found a picture of one ON a gun, so I'm unsure of the angle.

I have an RHT thumbrest with a shield that I made from an old scope mount on my 5.5” Limited gun. I’ve been shooting a DS40 for a little over a year and really don’t miss it. When I do shoot the 5.5”, I tend to oversteer the gun. I probably won’t use one on my open gun either. 

11 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Would you be kind enough to post a picture? I wonder how it looks and if it would work well enough for me. I haven't found a picture of one ON a gun, so I'm unsure of the angle.

NP. 

IMG_2142.thumb.jpeg.2bf2fd0d414afffdd69af040b96a966a.jpeg

1 hour ago, VeilAndrew said:

Would you be able to share any pictures or technical details?

image.thumb.jpeg.8f315ec4340703897216be3442f25b46.jpeg

Dunno is this helps at all. I just asked them to tap it and they said sure and that was pretty much it. Lol

1 hour ago, mrvip27 said:

is this the S3 most aggressive? or did you go s2/s1?

@mrvip27 To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure at this point.  When I finalized my build, this was the score sheet.  I do see now all 3 grip options are on the options table.

During my visit with David at MPA, we discussed all the options; and I got to actually test several examples of grips, trigger lengths, thumb safeties, and slide stops.  After firing SEVERAL mags through several pistols, Dave said I think this grip would be my choice for LO Competition!  I agreed and we left it at that.

I'll find out tomorrow and let you know for sure.  It IS an aggressive grip; just not sure at this point if its the S2 or S3.

👍

LOC Final Config.png

4 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

Had a buddy tell me today that his DS9 is ready to be shipped after 10 weeks.. so just one more month for me, hopefully.

I really think the Hybrids may be shipping quicker than the LOC; of course the options on either probably dictates how quick they ship.......

My LOC was 13 weeks and 6 days which included second day air UPS from MPA to my Dealer here in KY.

Good luck with getting your DS9!  

👍

1 hour ago, HOGRIDER said:

@mrvip27 To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure at this point.  When I finalized my build, this was the score sheet.  I do see now all 3 grip options are on the options table.

During my visit with David at MPA, we discussed all the options; and I got to actually test several examples of grips, trigger lengths, thumb safeties, and slide stops.  After firing SEVERAL mags through several pistols, Dave said I think this grip would be my choice for LO Competition!  I agreed and we left it at that.

I'll find out tomorrow and let you know for sure.  It IS an aggressive grip; just not sure at this point if its the S2 or S3.

👍

LOC Final Config.png

much appreciated.

10 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

much appreciated.

Got a confirmation this am that I have/chose the S2 Standard Aggressive grip.

Now that I think back about the day we tested, I can't imagine me needing anything more aggressive; especially shooting 9mm minor.

👍

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp