Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Well for Shadow 2?

OPENB

On 4/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, sx2gl35 said:

Thanks Andy, the Henning Extended base pads do fit the LOK mag well and the Pro's do not...reading comp not my best subject.  Thinking about one of those LOK extended mag releases but need a recommendation from someone who uses one.

I havent used the big mag release in a match yet, but in dry fire, all of this together works great!! (and looks cool )

This the 17rd. Mecgar tube with Taylor Freelance extension. The extension is retained with a screw that needed to be trimmed down a couple threads or it touches the inside of the magwell, or you can relieve the inside of the mag well. 

17 hours ago, OPENB said:

This the 17rd. Mecgar tube with Taylor Freelance extension. The extension is retained with a screw that needed to be trimmed down a couple threads or it touches the inside of the magwell, or you can relieve the inside of the mag well. 

@OPENB Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...

I think the CZ 18 round mag and a plus 5 extension will be too long to fit the gauge.  CZC makes an extension for the 16 and 18 round mags specifically.  Others are based on the Mecgar 17 round mag.  

BUMP. Has anyone heard anything from Henning about a magwell yet? I see they have "magwell compatible extensions" on their website now but they're out of stock and there's no info on which magwell they fit or if they are indeed coming out with their own. 

3 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Also has anyone trimmed a set of normal length thin LOK grips to work with an Armory Craft magwell? Seems like it would be pretty easy?

Yes. SP01redux.jpg.0ca930332404a9a1fd781a864f3341bd.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 2:15 PM, ColoradoNick said:

Original Henning base pads work with Floyd Customs magwell and the Armory Craft one. The floyds looked a little bigger to me so I have one coming.

Curious about your last post, I have Henning +4/5 basepads and a bunch of Mec Gar mags with the blue followers.  So, how did the Magwell from Floyd’s Custom work out with Henning +4/5 basepads (I’m assuming that’s what you mean by Original Henning base pads)?  How about with the Mec gar base pads with the blue follower?  Armory Craft is out of all colors for their magwells right now……

Thanks for the info!

I read earlier in this thread where someone said that the magwell made by Lok Grips will work with Henning basepads, so I got one, put it on this morning and my Henning basepads will not work with it.  Presently sanding some off of the black plastic basepads that come on the blue follower Mec-Gar mags (they don’t fit either)…..lol….have enough of those that I can experiment with.

2 hours ago, sx2gl35 said:

Extended Henning base pads work with LOK magwells.

My extended Henning base pads don’t…..played with slightly sliding the Lok magwell slightly back and forth to see if I could hit a clearance “sweet spot”……nothing worked.  Base pads are probably 1.5 to two years old at most.

On 7/8/2023 at 8:19 PM, rifleman777 said:

My extended Henning base pads don’t…..played with slightly sliding the Lok magwell slightly back and forth to see if I could hit a clearance “sweet spot”……nothing worked.  Base pads are probably 1.5 to two years old at most.

Another local shooter says that there were a few generations of the Henning pads.  I think to sum it up, he basically said if they are flat on the top that they aren't going to work with it, but that if they are angled, they will.

Interesting…….useful information, thanks!  These are about 2 years old…..will check with Henning as I like their extended base pads…….curious about the Armory Craft Magwell also and if it would work with the standard Mec-Gar +2 pads……thanks again.

58 minutes ago, fbzero said:

Another local shooter says that there were a few generations of the Henning pads.  I think to sum it up, he basically said if they are flat on the top that they aren't going to work with it, but that if they are angled, they will.

On 7/8/2023 at 6:47 AM, rifleman777 said:

Curious about your last post, I have Henning +4/5 basepads and a bunch of Mec Gar mags with the blue followers.  So, how did the Magwell from Floyd’s Custom work out with Henning +4/5 basepads (I’m assuming that’s what you mean by Original Henning base pads)?  How about with the Mec gar base pads with the blue follower?  Armory Craft is out of all colors for their magwells right now……

Thanks for the info!

Yes by original i meant the non-magwell +4/5 extensions he is currently selling. I don’t have any magazines with stock base pads to check. The Floyds is really nice though. Don’t take my word for it though, call Henning Group and ask them, that’s where I got my info from 👍

Edited by ColoradoNick

14 hours ago, ColoradoNick said:

Yes by original i meant the non-magwell +4/5 extensions he is currently selling. I don’t have any magazines with stock base pads to check. The Floyds is really nice though. Don’t take my word for it though, call Henning Group and ask them, that’s where I got my info from 👍

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the info, think I’m going with the Armory Craft Magwell, after speaking with them. They’re factory magwells from CZ that they get in periodically, they’re supposed to work with factory base plates (which I have a bunch of) and sounds like the Henning’s should work also……basic black is the only color they have usually (although they are out right now…….I’ll post the results after I get one. Thanks again for your input 👍

2 hours ago, rifleman777 said:

Thanks Nick, I appreciate the info, think I’m going with the Armory Craft Magwell, after speaking with them. They’re factory magwells from CZ that they get in periodically, they’re supposed to work with factory base plates (which I have a bunch of) and sounds like the Henning’s should work also……basic black is the only color they have usually (although they are out right now…….I’ll post the results after I get one. Thanks again for your input 👍

Sounds good definitely let us know! 

So I emailed Henning and he said the Armory Craft and Floyd’s magwells would work with his  140 extensions 23+1. Bought his extensions about a year ago. 

My buddy tried the AC and they wouldn’t work. I bought the Floyd’s and they worked but when loaded with 23 in the mag and one in the chamber, it was a very tight fit. You really had to slam the mag in there for the mag release to click in. I ended up buying his magwell compatible extensions and they work perfectly. Can even do 24+1 with the rune follower/spring. 

And I really do like the Floyd’s magwell, it’s a good size. 

10 hours ago, Tippingvan said:

So I emailed Henning and he said the Armory Craft and Floyd’s magwells would work with his  140 extensions 23+1. Bought his extensions about a year ago. 

My buddy tried the AC and they wouldn’t work. I bought the Floyd’s and they worked but when loaded with 23 in the mag and one in the chamber, it was a very tight fit. You really had to slam the mag in there for the mag release to click in. I ended up buying his magwell compatible extensions and they work perfectly. Can even do 24+1 with the rune follower/spring. 

And I really do like the Floyd’s magwell, it’s a good size. 

That’s good info……..hmmmmmm……now I’ve got some thinking to do…..so you can get 24 with the Floyd’s base pads and rune spring and follower and that’s reloadable?  I’ve always used Grams springs and followers in the past…..

12 hours ago, rifleman777 said:

That’s good info……..hmmmmmm……now I’ve got some thinking to do…..so you can get 24 with the Floyd’s base pads and rune spring and follower and that’s reloadable?  I’ve always used Grams springs and followers in the past…..

I meant I bought Hennings new magwell compatible base pads and use the rune tactical follower and spring. Then I can get 24+1. I usually just start with that mag but you could probably reload it, I honestly haven’t tried. But 23+1 reloadable all day. And that is with using Floyd’s magwell.