Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC Optic

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap.  Picked the JP5 up from my FFL today, slapped the T1 on it and went to the local indoor range to zero it.  Obviously, I know nothing about tuning the operating system to my load, but with my 147 grain pistol load, it was ridiculously soft.  I've never been happier with a gun purchase.

IMG_1781.jpeg

9 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Holy crap.  Picked the JP5 up from my FFL today, slapped the T1 on it and went to the local indoor range to zero it.  Obviously, I know nothing about tuning the operating system to my load, but with my 147 grain pistol load, it was ridiculously soft.  I've never been happier with a gun purchase.

IMG_1781.jpeg

Congrats on the new rig!  I'm picking up a JP5 today also!  Let's hope I have the same opinion of it! 

30 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

I feel like with the lack of shooting im doing, I wont be much of a challenge for you southerners who can actually go outside

I’ve been shooting CO over the off-season. Took 12+ weeks off from the carbine. Just getting back on it now. 

And BTW…  no one forces y’all to live up there. 😝 

17 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I have a feeling you will finish just fine.  Sometimes going into something with zero expectations amazing things happen.  

I truly wanna go and just have fun!  

17 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

I’ve been shooting CO over the off-season. Took 12+ weeks off from the carbine. Just getting back on it now. 

And BTW…  no one forces y’all to live up there. 😝 

I'm pretty much in the same exact boat.  Been shooting pistols lately since that's how I got into uspsa to begin with.  I have lost a ton of skillz with them so it's been humbling trying to get back up to my M level.   Nobody forces me to live where I do, but family is a huge reason I stay.   Work too.. 

15 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

What?????? The biggest fan of the MPX goes JP 🙂

At some point, maybe I'll do a comparison between the 2.  Let's just say I'm exploring my options.  There is something to be said about having a less complex PCC.  10 mins of cleaning vs 60+ mins

1 hour ago, Boomstick303 said:

Not only that, but also in the know in regards to keeping MPXs running, which few people seem to understand.  

I dont have a magic secret tho.  I just clean the thing...  Back to the original topic of optics, I wouldnt mind trying out the holosun competition optic they released at shot.  im sure itll come out in 12 months kinda like the eflx.

On 2/9/2023 at 7:00 AM, Bdh821 said:

I truly wanna go and just have fun!  

I'm pretty much in the same exact boat.  Been shooting pistols lately since that's how I got into uspsa to begin with.  I have lost a ton of skillz with them so it's been humbling trying to get back up to my M level.   Nobody forces me to live where I do, but family is a huge reason I stay.   Work too.. 

At some point, maybe I'll do a comparison between the 2.  Let's just say I'm exploring my options.  There is something to be said about having a less complex PCC.  10 mins of cleaning vs 60+ mins

I took the JP5 to the range yesterday and actually training with it and a MPX shooter who thought he might want a JP5.  We shot them side by side with my load and factory 115s and 124s.  His rifle felt about a pound heavier and "might" have been a tad  softer/flatter.  He also had a GMR-15 with him.  No comparison.  He has 3 MPXs and won't likely change over yet.  

I'm in love with this thing.  Soft, accurate and fun.  And as someone pointed out, a breeze to clean.  At the point things start to wear out, it will be a challenge according the the manual.

I'm left handed and left eye dominant.  I have an eye injury that will more or less prevent me from changing shoulders for hard leans to the right  I can do it, but it's super slow and awkward.  So should I mount a laser or a 45 degree mini-dot?  If I go mini-dot, it goes on the left side correct?

8 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm left handed and left eye dominant.  I have an eye injury that will more or less prevent me from changing shoulders for hard leans to the left.  I can do it, but it's super slow and awkward.  So should I mount a laser or a 45 degree mini-dot?  If I go mini-dot, it goes on the left side correct?

Do you mean hard leans to the right?

9 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I'm left handed and left eye dominant.  I have an eye injury that will more or less prevent me from changing shoulders for hard leans to the left.  I can do it, but it's super slow and awkward.  So should I mount a laser or a 45 degree mini-dot?  If I go mini-dot, it goes on the left side correct?

Offset optics go on your strong side, so the gun can be rolled toward your weak side. 

Edited by Dirty_J
10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Your post has me confused, which really isn’t that hard. Do you shoot with the gun on your right or left shoulder? Maybe I’m not understanding what you are saying.

I’m right handed and hard right leans are easy. Hard left leans are difficult because the gun is on my right, firing side, shoulder requiring me to lean out farther.  Therefore my offset optic is on the right side of the gun. On hard left leans I tilt the top of the gun toward the support side and sight with the offset optic.