Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My experience with Venom Custom

engineerjet

I wanted to share my experience with my first open build with Don at Venom Customs. He is extremely professional and easy to talk to. We scheduled a time to discuss my build and go over every detail. This being my first open build, I didn't know what I didn't know but he was very patient in explaining the differences in popular configurations and parts. Just when I thought a question was too stupid, he wouldn't hesitate to take the time and explain everything. He really went above and beyond making sure I was happy with the build. He even suggested sending him mags to ensure the gun feeds properly with my mags. I have had a cheely aggressive grip but wanted to try a standard texture first before finalizing my decision. Don was willing to send me the grip so I can get my hands on it and then I would send it back.

After the details of the build were ironed out, gave the deposit and waiting game started. After deposit was sent, the build started under 2 months. The wait wasn't bad at all because he kept in touch and gave a few teaser photos along the way. Throughout the entire process he was always willing to answer questions and even change up a detail here and there if it wasn't too late. Honestly it was that open communication that made the wait seem to fly by. I never once felt that he was just sitting around while parts collected dust. Total wait time around 4 months and change.

The impression I got from Don, is that he genuinely is passionate about what he does. He loves his work and wants to make sure you get what you want while also ensuring what you want will run. After finally getting it in my hands it was hard to believe something so beautiful was crafted from something so basic. The fit and finish is better than what I imagined and its refreshing to see such dedication to detail. I never have to worry that he rushed the job to push a gun out the door. I would definitely choose Don again for all my future custom builds.

Video with minor loads:

https://i.imgur.com/vzKsuaz.mp4

HL90qBr.jpg

7kkM3uE.jpg

YYMh0SB.jpg

cMI55SE.jpg

SzhvhKi.jpg

Edited by engineerjet

I was lucky enough to actually purchase a brand new Venom build from here, in the exact configuration I would have wanted and the aesthetic to match....I still can't believe it. Its my first open gun, so I did have a few questions as I started the break in process, and also wanted to ensure the natural wear marks I was seeing were appropriate given that its a major PF pistol. Don was kind enough to answer many of my questions via email, and I look forward to commissioning my first direct build with Don.

27 minutes ago, Bigzona said:

I was lucky enough to actually purchase a brand new Venom build from here, in the exact configuration I would have wanted and the aesthetic to match....I still can't believe it. Its my first open gun, so I did have a few questions as I started the break in process, and also wanted to ensure the natural wear marks I was seeing were appropriate given that its a major PF pistol. Don was kind enough to answer many of my questions via email, and I look forward to commissioning my first direct build with Don.

Awesome!! I’m here whenever you’re ready!!!! 

2 hours ago, Zachjet said:

I’d like to see that if you don’t mind sharing. 
And who don’t love progress shot? 

Honestly that was the best part. Knowing that things are in the works and there is progress. Makes you appreciate the final product that much more