Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting Older and understsnding

wooddog

I like that as I get older (currently 59) I am starting to "get it."

The things that my father, grandfather and other important people of my life told me " You'll understand someday" are beginning to make sense.

Edited by wooddog

36 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Yes sir.  Seems a little unfair.  About the time your start to get it and are financially secure, life is about over.....

My dad, practically on his death bed, told me to do the things I want while I’m young, even if it means going into debt. His reasoning was, when you’re young you have your health but no money and when you’re older you have money but could lose your health. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

My dad, practically on his death bed, told me to do the things I want while I’m young, even if it means going into debt. His reasoning was, when you’re young you have your health but no money and when you’re older you have money but could lose your health. 

A Men

22 hours ago, Sarge said:

A wise man indeed

For me it's Getting Older and Reflecting. 

I don't feel that I truly understand some things still.

The other side of the coin for me is that when I was "young" or younger, it's not like I was an idiot. Some things are only "understandable" with a large enough data set. 

For me, a lot of life is context. There are times when I wish I had taken a different career path. But then I remind myself that 21 year old me would have HATED that, so,, at THAT time in my life that would not have been a good job.