Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Armory/Armscor 5.0

It's not available yet, other than to "influencers"... so of course you're not going to find anything in a search.

It has to be on the approved list first, so currently not a Prod/CO legal gun. RIA has to apply for that status and wait for approval...you've got the cart waaaaay before the horse here. 

It is a hammer fired SAO, with enclosed hammer. The safety is the same as on most striker pistols, a trigger dongle.

always called striker guns internal single actions,, Figured someone should take a 2011, throw a cover over the hammer so maybe folks wont be so afraid of them.
So here we have it.. I am sure whatever USPSA does,, it wont make any logical sense.

37 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

always called striker guns internal single actions,, Figured someone should take a 2011, throw a cover over the hammer so maybe folks wont be so afraid of them.
So here we have it.. I am sure whatever USPSA does,, it wont make any logical sense.

They are consistent in their inconsistency...

• 3 months later...

D6-ECFA90-6-FA5-460-A-805-D-2-EE7-D9-DE4

I bought one.  Its a fun gun, shoots flat.  I ran it in a match in A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want.  Had some minor issues mostly from using CZ mags.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 1:57 AM, dogtired said:

I bought one.  Its a fun gun, shoots flat.  I ran it in a match in A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want.  Had some minor issues mostly from using CZ mags.

Does it take CZ75 mags or P09 mags?

Thx

On 5/6/2023 at 12:57 AM, dogtired said:

"A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want"

I am not sure where that came from but it should read A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want

Interesting, I can't seem to edit that phrase out...

Edited by dogtired

• 2 months later...

CZ 75 mags work fine in the RIA 5.0.   I used one from my Shadow 2 with a Henning basepad for 24 rounds with no problems.

The optic model could be interesting in LO although you'd probably want to fab up a magwell.

AFAIK the only place to buy one is from the web site as distributors don't have them.