Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You got your wish

happygunner77

28 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

that's not because of rule changes, that's because people simply prefer something else. As a part-time dedicated singlestack shooter, I'm sad that vinyl records aren't a thing anymore too. The world moves on whether or not we like it.

It is worth noting however, that my CO rig including optic is about the same price as my SS gun.

Vinyl records are in high demand again by record afficiandos.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

Vinyl records are in high demand again by record afficiandos.

and people buy custom singlestack guns too. but obviously I can't enjoy vinyl unless *everyone* is enjoying it, so we need to ban cd's, mp3, and all that other damn hip hop kid stuff. 

OK Boomer: How internet culture folded in on itself to start the ...

2 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

and people buy custom singlestack guns too. but obviously I can't enjoy vinyl unless *everyone* is enjoying it, so we need to ban cd's, mp3, and all that other damn hip hop kid stuff. 

OK Boomer: How internet culture folded in on itself to start the ...

My happiness isn't dependent on others.  The only ban I'd like is on mike's!

And I accept they're on me.😝

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

that's not because of rule changes, that's because people simply prefer something else. As a part-time dedicated singlestack shooter, I'm sad that vinyl records aren't a thing anymore too. The world moves on whether or not we like it.

It is worth noting however, that my CO rig including optic is about the same price as my SS gun.

If all iron sight guns and the 1911 are now "vinyl records," that's news to me.  But if so, good riddance. 

None of this will stop until or unless we get a division for every shooter so everybody can get a prize bag like at a women's golf tournament.. You win before you play syndrome..

Look at freaking steel challenge, the home of boredom. They have division for every shooter and the majority shoot multiple divisions per match.. Reminds me of a Glock match.

USPSA is fine. It would be a hell of a lot better without rifles but some hardly able people lobbied for that. If you want to shoot a division with more than 10 rounds then load your Production gun gun to capacity and shoot A fudgecicle nobody but a few crayon chewers and winder likkers want.

We clearly need no optics in Limited but the whiners will whine until the stupid Board management system listens..Taking care of the hardly able and low achievers is the way of the world. If you want to win at shooting get off your ass and work at it.. This whole system of appeasing the hardly able sucks. 

Edited by Brooke

The sweet spot for USPSA is somewhere between "more divsions we currently have" and "less divisions than steel challenge." As long as I get to call CO and LO "yet another Open minor division" I'm fine with it. I'd rather have new divisions to take on new equipment, than change existing divisions that messes with everyone's equipment or changes the "meta" of an existing division.

I do however reserve the right to cry and complain if open division loses the a fantasy division throne to LO

EDIT: haha high overall gets changed to "fantasy division" by the forum software, that's hilarious

Edited by sc68cal

• 1 month later...

Since I primarily shoot Production division in New Jersey I would prefer that the 10 round limit remain.  After reading the survey results it does not appear that will happen.  Most classifiers do not require more than 10 rounds prior to a mag change, so as long as the clubs that I shoot with only use those classifiers an increase in the number of rounds allowed won't have any practical affect on me.  Now the only question is what do I do if the classifier does not require a reload in less than 10 rounds.  Do I take the time penalty of the mag change or do I just shoot the noshoots to score a zero?  I have to think about that.

1 hour ago, PA_USPSA said:

Since I primarily shoot Production division in New Jersey I would prefer that the 10 round limit remain.  After reading the survey results it does not appear that will happen.  Most classifiers do not require more than 10 rounds prior to a mag change, so as long as the clubs that I shoot with only use those classifiers an increase in the number of rounds allowed won't have any practical affect on me.  Now the only question is what do I do if the classifier does not require a reload in less than 10 rounds.  Do I take the time penalty of the mag change or do I just shoot the noshoots to score a zero?  I have to think about that.

If you're in a 10 round state, it would be pretty dumb of the club to run a classifier meant to be shot with more than 10 rounds.