Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC WORLD SHOOT Results and Other Discussion

1 hour ago, euxx said:

The next one is the top Stage 6 run in POL division from a pre-match - 5 sec better than best runs of the top Production guys...

yeah, I find looking at combined helpful here too. 2.4 seconds faster than anyone, in any division: strongly suspect the timer RO didn’t keep up with the last shot.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, llamasabound said:

yeah, I find looking at combined helpful here too. 2.4 seconds faster than anyone, in any division: strongly suspect the timer RO didn’t keep up with the last shot.

Seen that happen at Nationals in PASA Park, RO was holding the timer wrong and the last shots were through a port. The solid wall blocked a lot of the sound so the shots were not picked up.

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

Seen that happen at Nationals in PASA Park, RO was holding the timer wrong and the last shots were through a port. The solid wall blocked a lot of the sound so the shots were not picked up.

MM Jr being the infamous party...

20 hours ago, PhilTerry said:

That seems to have happened. I don't see an unusual HF in the results for. Open Stage 16

it was deleted and the shooter currently has a zero score, presumably for a reshoot

Edited by Arcrunner

On 11/23/2022 at 5:11 AM, LordManHammer said:

It appears many of the stages at World's are near identical to the Asian IPSC Handgun Championship held in July.

I competed in both matches and can assure you that the Asian IPSC Handgun Championship stages were not used for the WS stages, the Range was used and similar props on some stages, but they were not identical period. There were stages built at another range that mimicked some of the WS stages that all competitors had the opportunity to attend.

On 11/30/2022 at 2:49 AM, Racinready300ex said:

I would think good if you shot that match, bad if you didn't. More so in ipsc where you can't pre walk stages. Imagine only getting 3-5 min to walk a 32 round stage with a 15 man. Meanwhile some guys not only walked the stage before but shot it once. 

Does it really matter probably depends on how many stages and what exactly "near" identical means. At a minimum it can give you a little boost of confidence having shot a stage before. Especially one with activators. Most IDPA clubs around here "test" their stages for majors several times leading up to the match. I know from experience being the first shooter on a stage with a tricky activator I've already shot was a lot less stressful then it would of been if it was the first time I'd seen it. 

Can you validate this comment please? Meanwhile some guys not only walked the stage before but shot it once. 

As per IPSC rules which cover the rest of the world, the mandatory 3-minute walk through after stage briefing is applied, no one pre-shot the stages or walked them. And yes, you had 3 x minutes to walk the stage work a plan and then execute when called to the line, with no sight pictures at make ready or stalking in-between the next competitors run.

13 hours ago, rgunner1 said:

Can you validate this comment please? Meanwhile some guys not only walked the stage before but shot it once. 

As per IPSC rules which cover the rest of the world, the mandatory 3-minute walk through after stage briefing is applied, no one pre-shot the stages or walked them. And yes, you had 3 x minutes to walk the stage work a plan and then execute when called to the line, with no sight pictures at make ready or stalking in-between the next competitors run.

Did you read the thread? Let me recap,@LordManHammersaid "it appears  many of the stages at World's are near identical to the Asian IPSC Handgun Championship" then @rowdybasked if that was a bad thing or not. I was responding to that. 

If the stages were reused, then that would mean anyone who shot the Asian Championship had already seen, walked and shot those stages before. I have no doubt that would be a advantage. As I said, I've shot stages at majors that were nearly identical to ones I'd shot before. It at a minimum gives you a mental edge and a significant portion of these games is mental. Shooting activators ahead of time can be a even bigger advantage. 

14 hours ago, rgunner1 said:

I competed in both matches and can assure you that the Asian IPSC Handgun Championship stages were not used for the WS stages, the Range was used and similar props on some stages, but they were not identical period. There were stages built at another range that mimicked some of the WS stages that all competitors had the opportunity to attend.

Thanks for clarifying.  I was only able to view the stages from both matches online.  It looks like they were very challenging and I bet you had a good time.  A trip to the other side of the world to shoot The Worlds is a pipedream of mine.

8 hours ago, LordManHammer said:

Thanks for clarifying.  I was only able to view the stages from both matches online.  It looks like they were very challenging and I bet you had a good time.  A trip to the other side of the world to shoot The Worlds is a pipedream of mine.

Hey, no problem I don't often comment or contribute on this platform, in this instance I thought I would share my 1st hand experience's and clarify a few comments. DVC ! And yes, had a great time and connected with fellow shooters with the similar mindsets.

Edited by rgunner1

9 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

Did you read the thread? Let me recap,@LordManHammersaid "it appears  many of the stages at World's are near identical to the Asian IPSC Handgun Championship" then @rowdybasked if that was a bad thing or not. I was responding to that. 

If the stages were reused, then that would mean anyone who shot the Asian Championship had already seen, walked and shot those stages before. I have no doubt that would be a advantage. As I said, I've shot stages at majors that were nearly identical to ones I'd shot before. It at a minimum gives you a mental edge and a significant portion of these games is mental. Shooting activators ahead of time can be a even bigger advantage. 

I did read the thread... I just shared my views and facts from actually being feet on the ground at both matches and clarified a few comments, and for the record as previously stated, the stages were not reused/recycled from the AHGC match in August. So no one gained any advantage from shooting activators etc.. Anyhow enough said from me on this thread, enjoy the festive season DVC

Edited by rgunner1

14 hours ago, rgunner1 said:

I did read the thread... I just shared my views and facts from actually being feet on the ground at both matches and clarified a few comments, and for the record as previously stated, the stages were not reused/recycled from the AHGC match in August. So no one gained any advantage from shooting activators etc.. Anyhow enough said from me on this thread, enjoy the festive season DVC

So you read what I said, you just didn't understand it.

Because I made two statements. First was that it would be a advantage, and why I think that. And the second that it would depend on what nearly identical means. If you're saying they weren't the same then that's vary different information that what I was commenting on.