Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R.I.P. Weapon Shield (for now)

bigdawgbeav

Just saw a post on FB from Weapon Shield founder George Fennell that Steel Shield Technologies is no more (this includes Weapon Shield).  If you drill down the comments there is some hope that the company could get reformed and restarted.  Yes, there are a butt-ton of CLPs out there, but I've used WS for years and for me nothing compares.  Plus they were a PA-based company (where I reside).  Hopefully George can get it back and running.

Screenshot 2022-11-14 144348.png

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, bigdawgbeav said:

Just saw a post on FB from Weapon Shield founder George Fennell that Steel Shield Technologies is no more (this includes Weapon Shield).  If you drill down the comments there is some hope that the company could get reformed and restarted.  Yes, there are a butt-ton of CLPs out there, but I've used WS for years and for me nothing compares.  Plus they were a PA-based company (where I reside).  Hopefully George can get it back and running. Glad I bought a bunch of 16 ounce which will last years. 

Screenshot 2022-11-14 144348.png

G

• 1 month later...

Thought You may be interested in this. I did some research to find out what happened to Steel Shield's Weapon Shield products. I contacted Steel Shield Technologies in Hong Kong and received several emails. The last one was from the new owner of Weapon Shield Products here in the USA. Here is a copy of the email and part of another email about the new owner.

Jim,
Your contact was forward to me from Andies regarding your search for Weapon Shield.

Unfortunately, the principals at Steel Shield Tech have closed their doors. Steel Shield Technologies of Bethel Park is no longer in operation.

However, the good news is that I have purchased all the Weapon Shield formulas and will be reintroducing Weapon Shield to the market under my company name Rattac Technologies, LLC.

I am in the final stages of getting the new corporation up and running (lots of paperwork), and am in negotiations to get the first production run of weapon Shield made. I should have more information next week that will allow me to set pricing and begin to offer expected delivery dates with lists of wholesalers and distributors.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions. Our new web site www.weapon-shield.com is under construction and will be up in the next week or so. Things are moving forward quickly.

Thanks so much for being a loyal fan of our product. you shouldn't have to wait long.

Regards,

Tom
--
Tom Spithaler
President/CEO Rattac Technologies
Weapon Shield Products
253-359-4347 Cell

About the owner:
George Fennell (the inventor of Weapon Shield) and I go back a very long way. He did his best to keep Steel Shield afloat, but due to health issues he was unable to be involved in the day to day operations of the company and sadly, the company leadership did not have the fiscal success of the company in mind - only their own. I used to be the Sales & Marketing Director for Olympic Arms Inc for 23 years. At that time, I was a integral part of getting WS marketed in the industry an acted as a Sales Rep for almost 10 years. We very much look forward to the grand-reintroduction of Weapon Shield. I just don't want to get people too excited until I have a release date I can count on. My current estimation is 60-90 days but hoping for sooner.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Mastergun said:

FYI,   Weapon Shield is finally back and available! 

Okay.  How about the solvent?