Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X5 is back

Abbey

20 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

All divisions and rules are arbitrary we have to draw a line so we do.

Other than the PF used to delineate Maj/Min it isn't arbitrary. In fact, in the beginning of the sport it wasn't  arbitrary Major was based on about what a 230 grn .45 ACP would produce. The points reduction was because of the theoretical stopping factor of the ammo getting thrown at the target. 

But since we don't seem to care about that any more why not just adopt Steel Challenge rules as far as PF and be done with it?

30 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

But, since I stopped shooting 40 major I don't have shooters elbow and my hands don't bother me.

And I can't run around a stage like I used to back 30+ years ago when I left the sport. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, GigG said:

But since we don't seem to care about that any more why not just adopt Steel Challenge rules as far as PF and be done with it?

Going to completely under powered 9mm ammo like steel challenge would make the sport a bit of a joke in my eyes. It's bad enough we're downloading to 125 pf and shooting it out of 50 oz guns already. Some of the crap we use makes great meme's though

45 minutes ago, GigG said:

And I can't run around a stage like I used to back 30+ years ago when I left the sport. 

I think you missed my point. Your proposing making all the divisions major. I'm saying why not leave some minor for the people who don't want to shoot 40. I hear no one asking for more divisions they can shoot 40 in. 

58 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Going to completely under powered 9mm ammo like steel challenge would make the sport a bit of a joke in my eyes. It's bad enough we're downloading to 125 pf and shooting it out of 50 oz guns already. Some of the crap we use makes great meme's though

No PF was more of a joke than anything else. But PF should mean something.  It wasn't originally arbitrary is really my point.

39 minutes ago, GigG said:

No PF was more of a joke than anything else. But PF should mean something.  It wasn't originally arbitrary is really my point.

It's not a joke, it's a way to confirm you're not loading powder puff loads that barely puncture cardboard. The sport is supposed to be practical after all.  

You're making the case to allow 40 major and also to change everything to no power factor steel challenge loads. Maybe you need to decide what you want before proposing changes. 

3 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

As interesting as it would be to see a major option in CO, or similar division variation in the future say like Limited Optics, I think it would serve the sport better to keep them minor.  

I think it would ruin CO if major was allowed as currently constituted.  

I've been pushing for PCC major!  

5 minutes ago, Bdh821 said:

I've been pushing for PCC major!  

I all seriousness I have given thought to have a PCC in 40 or 45.  One of my all time favorite guns to shoot is a Thompson machine gun in semi-auto.  Not sure if the experience would transfer to a PCC but it would be cool to find out.  😆

58 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

It's not a joke, it's a way to confirm you're not loading powder puff loads that barely puncture cardboard. The sport is supposed to be practical after all.  

You're making the case to allow 40 major and also to change everything to no power factor steel challenge loads. Maybe you need to decide what you want before proposing changes. 

No I'm not making a case for no PF. That was what I meant as a joke.  But if you aren't going to allow someone shooting a major PF to score major for it everyone should just shoot minor.

50 minutes ago, GigG said:

No I'm not making a case for no PF. That was what I meant as a joke.  But if you aren't going to allow someone shooting a major PF to score major for it everyone should just shoot minor.

That's how it works now, you can shoot major you just get scored minor. So everyone shoots minor in minor.

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

That's how it works now, you can shoot major you just get scored minor. So everyone shoots minor in minor.

I know that's how it works.  That isn't how it should work.

27 minutes ago, GigG said:

I know that's how it works.  That isn't how it should work.

The boomer religion of bigger bullets being better "stoppers" has been debunked by modern forensics a long time ago. 

Minor only divisions reflect that reality.

I'd be fine with killing major completely

13 hours ago, Johnny_Chimpo said:

The boomer religion of bigger bullets being better "stoppers" has been debunked by modern forensics a long time ago. 

Minor only divisions reflect that reality.

I'd be fine with killing major completely

I don't see where killing major completely really helps anything. It would drastically change limited and open. But before we lower major again like some people want I'd rather dump it. I'm cool with giving more points to guns that are harder to shoot. But if we're going to dumb things down then you need to shoot more A's. 

I do think eventually we'll probably get rid of major. Hell, down the road everyone will probably be shooting something like 30 super carry and saying us boomers with our out dated 9mm need to go. 

On 10/10/2022 at 5:11 AM, Sigarmsp226 said:

Osage County Guns have these new US X5’s listed for $2199.00

OCG is one of SIG’s larger direct sales providers so I tend to believe this information is accurate. I have purchased more than ten SIG pistols from John and Brad at OCG’s over the years - Very Good People in my book. SIG confirmed that guns started shipping out to dealers/distributors late last week and should start appearing in the various market places very soon.

https://osagecountyguns.com/blog/the-sig-sauer-p226-x-five-is-back.html

Also - Someone very close to The SIG PRoduct Development and Marketing Management leaders, has confirmed that SIG will be releasing a DA/SA version (Allround) of these models in the near future (no time frame identified yet). He was told that the DA/SA is actually an easier pistol to build vs. the SA version. 

Just passing on what was shared with me as I want the DA/SA version.

Just to add some more pertinent info, a store in my area - Rifle Gear - who is always fairly priced from what I've seen, has them listed at $2199 as well. 

https://www.riflegear.com/p-19826-sig-sauer-p226-x-five-full-size-9mm-pistol.aspx
https://www.riflegear.com/p-19825-sig-sauer-p226-x-five-classic-9mm-pistol.aspx

They teased a shot of one on their Instagram last night, so they have some at the store, but not listed yet. 

I am betting some of the first received pistols will end up on GunBroker with a starting price of the required minimum price dealers are required to not sell below and it would not surprise me if the first 20-50 units on GB sell in the $2800 - $3500 range.

I will be waiting on the DA/SA (Allround) model that will be released in 2023…….

Edited by Sigarmsp226

So far 4 units have sold on GunBroker and what is interesting is all 4 guns that sold (three different dealers) all were listed at a starting price of $2499.99 with a BIN of $2499.99.

I bet SIG told their dealers that they could not sell these pistols for more than $2500.00 and that is why no one has listed on without a BIN price x allowing open bidding to occur.  

One dealer started with 10 units and has already sold 2 units in the past two hours…..

If I wanted one I would follow NOSHMJ’s process and buy from the SIG Pro Shop for $300.00 less - and that is before GB adds their 1% convenience fee to the buyers final sale price (another $24.99)…

Edited by Sigarmsp226
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...