Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Max holster

rowdyb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SIGcurious said:

It's not on the list yet, but I really hope they eventually offer for a 1911. 

I doubt they will the way they're trying to make it as one size fits all in a brand ans there are far too many variables in "1911" versus what works for "Glock 34" or "Sig P320"

Yes I used their Race master variations and a few of the other brands of that style on various 1911's and maybe had 1 holster that would work comfortably with a couple of brands.  I actually emailed DA about it and they did say there was too much manufacturer tolerances. They all locked in but there felt to be too much movement for my liking so went back to the various "bucket" styles.  

Just a follow up for anyone interested in a 1911 version ... DA said that "The 1911 is high on our list", but as rowdyb said, there are so many variations.  So we'll see.  I'll just cross my fingers and hope it makes it to production.

On 8/9/2022 at 12:59 PM, jpeters11 said:

Available overseas. If you select international on their website, you can add them to your cart. Unfortunately it doesn’t let you select US for the shipping.

Yeah got mine from an Aussie distributor, DAA are a killer on freight for us down here.

Just got one for a p320 from X-ray parts in Italy. Shipping took about a week, came out to $137 shipped. 

Only have a few dry fire reps, so time will tell how I really feel, but I like it so far. Ball joint is nice, locks up well like their alpha X. With the knob backed out all the way, the holster still has a touch of retention. Tighten it all the way and the gun is locked in like a GX. 

The ball joint is mounted low enough on the holster so cutting the body for an align, Odin, or eventual Tevo “take down lever” isn’t going to take much work. GnkoJDN.jpg

5 hours ago, jpeters11 said:

Just got one for a p320 from X-ray parts in Italy. Shipping took about a week, came out to $137 shipped. 

Only have a few dry fire reps, so time will tell how I really feel, but I like it so far. Ball joint is nice, locks up well like their alpha X. With the knob backed out all the way, the holster still has a touch of retention. Tighten it all the way and the gun is locked in like a GX. 

The ball joint is mounted low enough on the holster so cutting the body for an align, Odin, or eventual Tevo “take down lever” isn’t going to take much work. GnkoJDN.jpg

That looks really good and easily modded for the thumb "rests".

Did Tevo mention they were making one for the legion?

I am between this holster and the ghost hydra p+. both seem to have pros/cons.

I like that this is on a ball joint and has adjustability up and down with the hanger rails and the great belt attachment.

Not sure how I would like the click retention. I use a GX Vice right now and lock/unlock the holster to have a retention free draw. Doesn't seem that's exactly doable but close.

The Hydra P+ has a locking/unlocking feature that I like but I don't like the P+ hanger attachment (has wiggle) and it looks flemsy. Seems its less adjustable (not 360 adjustment like a ball joint).

Guess I need to get my hands on both to try.

Edited by mrvip27

Already dremeled mine for an Odin. Not sure how far along the Tevo is, but I do think he’s said he’d look into it.

The retention is pretty weak, nearly non existent, weaker than most of the kydex holsters I’ve owned like weber or rht.

The ghost is probably faster to lock and unlock, but the 320 hydra I saw a couple weeks back looked to have a decent amount of movement when locked. 

https://i.imgur.com/Dr8XDb9.mp4

19 hours ago, jpeters11 said:

Already dremeled mine for an Odin. Not sure how far along the Tevo is, but I do think he’s said he’d look into it.

The retention is pretty weak, nearly non existent, weaker than most of the kydex holsters I’ve owned like weber or rht.

The ghost is probably faster to lock and unlock, but the 320 hydra I saw a couple weeks back looked to have a decent amount of movement when locked. 

https://i.imgur.com/Dr8XDb9.mp4

That looks nice! Digging it. Not much to dremel too.

Can you show us more of the hanger adjustment?

How do you like the Odin?

Edited by mrvip27