Double Alpha Max holster

rowdyb

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 7:10 AM, Sinister4 said:

Thanks for a good review !  I ended up making ¾ of a inch longer rods for the holster, 6mm stainless.  It came out perfect. 

How did you remove the rods from the holster and replace it ? Is it hard to do? 

Holster is perfect for me except the height 

1 hour ago, STELLARTONE said:

How did you remove the rods from the holster and replace it ? Is it hard to do? 

Holster is perfect for me except the height 

You drive the roll pins out ( you can drill a very small hole through the pin center to mark where it is on the blind side, then carefully end mill that side bigger so a punch will fit to drive the pin) then duplicate the u cuts in new 6mm barstock, then re insert the pins to hold it in  I have a machine shop at my house so easy to do...pic below shows the cut that holds the rods

f.JPG

Well the 3 hole pattern for their holster on the hanger is not the same 3 hole pattern as on some of my other holsters. 

If I or you want a different holster then you'll need to mod yours. Lame. I can dig the hanger, the holster is crap.

• 2 months later...

My DAA Max holster for my S2 has solid retention.  Even at the loosest setting the gun will not come out without a strong tug.  I do agree, though, that the rods should be 0.5 inches longer.  The gun sits slightly higher than I would like at the lowest setting, but not enough for me to stop using it.  I'm going to keep mine.