Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Shooting Goals

Shooter Grrl

Get squadded with Shooter Grrl (That way I get lessons on achieving my goals)

:D

That's funny Cam! I know how it's *supposed* to work but I'll be damned if I can actually achieve all of mine!

And 'sides, didn't you get stuck with that other Littman this year :P

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets start slow......

Get classified A in Limited.

Shoot 3 Area Matches.

Better practice.

Just get better every time I shoot.

All with the help of Jake. He has been working with me and I am getting better. If anyone is looking for some GM Instruction check out Jake. He has been a pleasure to work with.

Thanks Jake,

Matt

;)

All with the help of Jake. He has been working with me and I am getting better. If anyone is looking for some GM Instruction check out Jake. He has been a pleasure to work with.

Thanks Jake,

Matt

I'm training with Jake also and you're right Jake is a pleasure to work with :wub:;)

1. to make master in open division.

2. exercise and loose some weight.

3. dry fire more.

i received an early christmas present yesterday when a friend of mine called me at 9:30pm and told me i made Master in open division. i'm at 84.7% but i guess my finish at the Area 5 match put me over the top in the eys of USPSA.

so 1 out of 3 2006 goals has been accomplished. now i really have to practice. :o

2006 Goals:

-Move up at least one class. I'm sick and tired of being a "C" shooter.

-Dry Fire at least 3 times a week.

-Live fire at least once a week.

-Loose some weight and get back in decent shape.

-Improve my mental game and match prep.

-Last and most important, be the best husband and father I can.

I want shooting to become fun again for me. The last year or so it has been more work than anything else. I have taken the last month or so off, and can honestly say I don't miss shooting. I'll get back to it after the 1st of the year, but if I can't make it fun like it was in years past a longer time away might be needed.

• 3 weeks later...

I've thought long and hard about this and have decided, finally, to put it down on "paper". I am going to need a ton of encouragement and support here folks... at any rate, here are my 2006 Shooting Goals.

I will be in the Top 8 Ladies at the Open Nationals.

I will be in A Class in Open Division in 2006.

I WILL BE A NON-SMOKERin 2006.

I've thought long and hard about this and have decided, finally, to put it down on "paper". I am going to need a ton of encouragement and support here folks... at any rate, here are my 2006 Shooting Goals.

I shot with you alot last year and I don't have any doubt about your goals. I can even see you placing higher than 8th. Your shooting goals should be easy for you but the last looks like it might be the hardest.

Maybe your hubby should make you load 1000 rds everytime he catches you with a smoke. :lol::lol::P We always here you saying, "He" does all the loading. :blink::blink:

Flyin40

I shot with you alot last year and I don't have any doubt about your goals. I can even see you placing higher than 8th. Your shooting goals should be easy for you but the last looks like it might be the hardest.

Maybe your hubby should make you load 1000 rds everytime he catches you with a smoke. :lol::lol::P We always here you saying, "He" does all the loading. :blink::blink:

Flyin40

+1 :P

• 2 weeks later...

1. Lighten up.

2. Start having fun.

3. Don't burn out, again.

Amen.

Plus for me:

4) Shoot only when I want to

5) Get my dang University degree

6) Break the 6 reload 6 Miculek record

7) National Title in both Revolver and Production Division

Of 4, 5, 6 and 7; 5 is important: Good Luck.

For me:

#Stop watching too much shooting DVD's and more practise on the range.

#First in B-class Standard, move up to A-class before it's too late.

#Good start in Amersfoort with 84.86%.

Edited by schmitz

• 3 months later...

FWIW I joined USPSA in 1/15/01 and done a little practice here and there, vidioed almost every match I shot. Then studied my moves and scores and watched other shooters, just trying to get better. Before the year was up I found myself in B class open. (great) Then I stopped. I have live fire practiced maybe 6 or 8 times since then and dry fired maybe 20 times. I didn't want to make it work. I just wanted to have fun and fun it has been.

BUT THE BUCK STOPS HERE.

Starting last week I am going to do all I can to still have fun shooting and try not to make it work, but push it to the limit and go for it. Training with weights, walking, running, dry fire, live fire, videos, whatever it takes to see just how far me and my SV can go. MASTER/GRANDMASTER by Area 6 07.

1st goal) Ga State Place with an 78 to 80% = A class

2nd goal) Open Nationals, place with an 86 to 90% = MASTER

Now it may be that classifiers will get me there 1st, but whatever it takes to get me to master (and a competitive master at that) by the Area 6 07 I'm going to do it.

Man I'm going to catch a lot of crap about this post on the next match, but that's fun too.

Anybody know where I can get a truck load of Bengay, cheap??? :o

Ronnie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1) Get the last 1.6% in Limited to make Master.

2) Do number 1 before the Limited Nationals and shoot above 80% there.

3) Try to make Master in Production before the snow flies in the fall(November '06).

1) 85.14% ---> 07/13/2006

2)

3)

• 1 month later...