Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tapatalk, Do you want it back?

GrumpyOne

Tapatalk, Do you want it back?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tapatalk, Do you want it back?

• Yes
    • No

I liked using Tapatalk, but it is very flaky, with features the sometimes work an other time do not. For example, the notification and new content features have not worked several weeks now. 
I’ve gotten used to using Benos thru a web browser, and it just works. So there is really the issue of Tapatalk actually working properly. The forum works, albeit not as “cool” as Tapatalk. If both worked, I’d prefer Tapatalk, but with its constantly changing UI, I’ll stick with the forum in a browser.

In all honesty, if I had a choice I’d prefer better forum software that enables full functionality on a mobile device. 

I don’t know how expensive forum software is, but I’d prefer something along the lines of what the Northeast Shooters forum uses. 

www.northeastshooters.com

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

In all honesty, if I had a choice I’d prefer better forum software that enables full functionality on a mobile device. 

I don’t know how expensive forum software is, but I’d prefer something along the lines of what the Northeast Shooters forum uses. 

www.northeastshooters.com

I view the forum, post, and reply pretty much exclusively from a mobile phone (Android based). If you have an android phone, the trick is to tap the 3 dots upper right corner of the screen and scroll down till you see "request desktop site". This will make your android into the same screen you will see from a desktop computer, with all the functionality of the desktop computer.

8 hours ago, Cuz said:

I’m on an iPhone and all it says is “share” when I tap the “…”

How to request a desktop site on the iPhone

Open the Safari browser and navigate to any website.

Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar. It opens the website view menu.

From the available options, choose the “Request Desktop Website” option.

3 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Once the website loads, click the “aA” icon available in the top corner positioned before the address bar

Thank you.  I have owned iPhones since the first one, and had no idea of this option.   

Much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...