Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 cerakoted brass Lok grips question...

fyaman43

18 hours ago, ogiebb said:

Used BC Aluminum and Gun Blue after that i oiled it up and let it dry. Same aggressive trcture witjout the bling factor.

BBDA1B03-376F-4ABB-BF66-695201DB5CFD.jpeg

ogiebb, good looking job on the grips! By the way what brand trigger shoe is that on the gun?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2022 at 11:04 PM, goshimu said:

My main attraction to the brass grips is the balance as the bogies are fantastic, but the shadow 2 is a little more front heavy than I like. Not that it really matter other than preference.

I've been rocking a brass palm swell in my dominant hand (lefty) and a modified flat bogie on my support hand lately and like it much better then two brass palm swells. I like the weight reduction and I like my fingers sitting flatter on the grip.

Edited by TheChef1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:45 AM, ogiebb said:

Thanks.. the trigger is made by Armory Craft. 

how do you like it? a buddy has the eeman tech dual adjustable and it feels great but they want $109 for a shoe and spring. The armory craft looks very similar for half the price.

1 hour ago, TheChef1 said:

how do you like it? a buddy has the eeman tech dual adjustable and it feels great but they want $109 for a shoe and spring. The armory craft looks very similar for half the price.

I can't answer for August but I know him and I have a feeling his answer won't be a lot different from mine. I put the Armory Craft on the S2 along with CZ Custom doing a short reach trigger job. The Armory Craft DASA trigger is crazy easy to adjust, can allow for a slightly shorter reach, are consistent from trigger to trigger, etc... I am not knocking Eemann Tech because there are guys that love the flat trigger they make but I know certain gunsmiths dislike working with the Eemann Tech trigger because they felt there were inconsistencies in production. I did not buy the Eemann Tech so this is not from my personal experience. It's just from me doing research and asking a ton of questions to 'smiths and people who use both triggers. The Armory Craft trigger is outstanding but a lot of us like different triggers so it can be personal. I'd buy the Armory Craft all over again.

Edited by jasmap

8 hours ago, jasmap said:

I can't answer for August but I know him and I have a feeling his answer won't be a lot different from mine. I put the Armory Craft on the S2 along with CZ Custom doing a short reach trigger job. The Armory Craft DASA trigger is crazy easy to adjust, can allow for a slightly shorter reach, are consistent from trigger to trigger, etc... I am not knocking Eemann Tech because there are guys that love the flat trigger they make but I know certain gunsmiths dislike working with the Eemann Tech trigger because they felt there were inconsistencies in production. I did not buy the Eemann Tech so this is not from my personal experience. It's just from me doing research and asking a ton of questions to 'smiths and people who use both triggers. The Armory Craft trigger is outstanding but a lot of us like different triggers so it can be personal. I'd buy the Armory Craft all over again.

Thanks I think ill go ahead and "pull the trigger" on the armory craft. I already have the cajun kit and the trigger is great pull wise but I think a little flatter shoe would be nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of brass SSI Scales that I wanted to tone down. I found a can of spray on truck bed liner at Rural King. I sprayed 2 coats on and let air dry for a couple hours, then baked in my air fryer/toaster oven at 400* for 40 minutes. The finish is a little glossy, but better than the brass. The spray has a sandy grit in it, and seems tougher than Krylon. I’ll get some pics. 

Edited by OPENB

• 10 months later...

I ordered the black brass grid loks for my S2 and they arrived yesterday. Just holding the box they arrived in let me know these were really going to add some heft to an already heavy gun. I installed this morning and held the gun. Yes, it adds weight but the main thing is that the gun is more balanced - not as nose heavy.

We'll see how it shoots tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Stafford said:

I ordered the black brass grid loks for my S2 and they arrived yesterday. Just holding the box they arrived in let me know these were really going to add some heft to an already heavy gun. I installed this morning and held the gun. Yes, it adds weight but the main thing is that the gun is more balanced - not as nose heavy.

We'll see how it shoots tomorrow. 

I added brass palm swells with added thickness from Lok, which I love, and a tungsten guide rod from SSI at my buddy's recommendation to both my S2s.  Even better balanced with the rods as the grips made the gun rear-heavy IMO.  Kind of a see-saw thing but having both is perfection. 

I'm a certified Cerakote applicator.

Brass is actually pretty soft, and, over time (talking some serious time), will loose a bit of aggressiveness.

I've cerakoted my SSI grips and a set of the hollow brass LOK grips for a friend (the hollow ones don't have cerakote as an option).

The cerakote seems to let the brass hold on to it's aggressiveness.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqJossBr4oP/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CulWBcPrqPG/

I have the brass gridlok on my Czechmate - excellent grip - shot a couple others with cerakoted brass - seemed very similar to me.  Just ordered aluminum gridlock painted (anodized?) orange - they are much grippier than the brass, although admittedly they are brand new, we'll see if/how they wear.