Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W M&P

Patrick Sweeney

From the S&W website:

"Replacement parts and accessories for your Smith & Wesson firearm are available from your local Smith & Wesson Stocking Dealer, or directly from the Smith & Wesson Parts Department.

When ordering parts directly from the factory, please provide the following information:

* Model Number

* Dash Number

* Serial Number

* Approximate date of purchase

* Part view Number (refer to diagram)

* Complete Return Address

* VISA/Discover/MasterCard Number and Expiration Date

* For Foreign Orders Only, Fax Number or E-mail Address

1-800-331-0852 (USA)

Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM Eastern Time

1-413-747-3286 (International)

Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM Eastern Time"

Here is the link to the pistol parts lists:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWes...List_Retail.pdf

The sear isn't listed as a seperate component, but if Dan says you can buy them then I bet you can.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, I can't tell you how it compares to the CZ because I have never shot one.

It has a diferent feel & trigger thanthe Beretta.

The trigger is very similar to the Glock in Feel, but the internal fucntioning and parts are very different!!

It does fit my hand very well though, and with the Interchangeable Back-Straps, it's easier to customize!! The Built in beaver tail really rocks!! Even the factory Trigger is pretty good.

I'm sending mine out for a Trigger job next week while I recover from Surgery.

As soon as I can get back on my feet and run around, I'll be blasting with my M&P9!!

For $399.... I would jump on it!! That's a great price!!

So, what is the final verdict/opinion on the M&P 9mm? Durability? Reliability? How does it compare to CZ SP01, G34, Beretta 92, G17? I have a line on one for $399 and was thinking of giving it a day in court. Thanks.

I'd also be interested in long round count reliability and durability info.

The reliability reports I've gotten from several owners have been good for both 9mm and .40 minor. Both of these guys also have Burwell trigger jobs and like them.

I haven't heard any long term durability reports. There have been a couple 10,000 round torture tests by LE groups for acceptance testing. Someone on the S&W forums is saying he did a 20,000 round torture test on an M&P 9mm.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/.../4071020941/p/4

They've only been around for a year so I think it will take more time for someone to shoot a few out and really determine the usable life.

any reports on reliablilty or durability?

Vincent posted the link to the tests on a friend of mine's M&P 9mm that went through 20K rounds over two months. The gun was put through the standard tests and some not so standard abuse like spending time under a Chevy Blazer tire and a dunk in a bucket of wet cement. I got to put a few of those rounds through it in at a match in August before the real torture began. I've been told it looks butt ugly now, but continues to run.

I now have one of my own.

Edited by Middle Man

FWIW, I have over 3,000 rounds in mine. I have only cleaned it once.

I much prefer the M&P over the Glock 17 that I sold. Sits better in the hand, better trigger(once it is "broken" in), I can get a higher grip on the M&P without getting cut by the slide.

For $399....JUST DO IT!!!

Ok, i picked up a pair M&P 9's. I am impressed, the triggers have a little grit (on the takeup) but break clean. They seem to be put together very well. I'll shoot them tomorrow and post results. I just need a holster and some new sights. Still thinking on what to do on the trigger job. First impressions are that I like them over my G34's.

Here's my experience with the M&P. Recoil is next to nonexistent. Gun points very well. Rapid splits were easy to achieve due to the lower felt recoil. I do believe I'll be switching over from my Glocks. Accuracy was excellent. The gun needs some trigger work and better sights and all will be golden. Very impressed.

Edited by GeneralChang

I turned loose of my bucks last weekend. I think I may have paid a little too much ($455.00+tax) but I got my M&P 9. Now, if I can only get a holster by weekend I can play with my new toy at the last club match of the year.

I turned loose of my bucks last weekend. I think I may have paid a little too much ($455.00+tax) but I got my M&P 9. Now, if I can only get a holster by weekend I can play with my new toy at the last club match of the year.

If you are in a hurry for a Holster, LMK I have a G21 Uncle Mikes converted to accept a M&P

I can get it mailed to you and you will geti it by Friday!!

Y

Thanks Yamil I think that's kind of you. What did you have to change to make the Uncle Mike's work? Would a Fobus for a G 21 work? Hell, I've got a new toy and I'm chomping at the bit to play with it.

Thanks Yamil I think that's kind of you. What did you have to change to make the Uncle Mike's work? Would a Fobus for a G 21 work? Hell, I've got a new toy and I'm chomping at the bit to play with it.

You have to cut for the Slide Stop and for the Mag catch!!

that's all!!

If you wnt the Uncle Mikes, LMK You can have it!!!

Y

You have to cut for the Slide Stop and for the Mag catch!!

that's all!!

If you wnt the Uncle Mikes, LMK You can have it!!!

Y

PM sent

I'm sure that I'm not the first one to figure this out but I've had my hands on 6 S&W M&P 17 rnd 9mm mags and all of them hold 18 rounds and aren't even that tight. They reload easily.

Also, My M&P fits my CQC holster for my XD perfectly.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...ALMENT+HOLSTERS

I got mine for the glock. 45 and the M&P fits like a dream out of the box

Brownells sells the Blade Tech for the M&P, they do have it in stock!!

2gvk8it.png

FWIW, spent a week at GUNSITE with the 9mm M&P (no mag drop safety)...no malfs of any kind...quick out of a Blade-tech holster. Like this gun a lot and will probably give it a try in Production.

Michael B

Michael,

I have ben using the M&P 9 for production since I got it in early sept, I even shot 8 stages from the Limited Nationals with it (for No Score with the RO's) It performed flawlessly with both WWB Wallypack and with Remington Green Box UMC (both 115gr FMJ).

Awesome performer!!

Y

Shot mine again today at the range after the match and again was very pleased with the pistol. Let a couple of buddies run some rounds through it as well and both commented on how well the gun feels in the hand and how well it shoots.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if the MP holds up and proves to be reliable and durable, Smith has a real winner here.

:)