Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Stops

BadShot

The cross pin usually shears. I was told it’s less of an issue with the shadow2 than it was with the shadows. As of yet, I haven’t broke one on the shadow 2 whereas I did break one with the originals. So anecdotal evidence of one and all that.

Generally speaking, this is a $40 part. Over the course of a season, that’s nothing. Just replace it (or move it to your practice/backup) gun and do this on a schedule with other maintenance parts (springs) you’ll never go wrong if you just keep up on that schedule.

This is for a CZ Parrot/Czechmate, and the slide stops are very hard to find right now.  It came with 4 pins that won't hold the slide back.  I have those as back ups, but I like the ability to lock the slide back in case of a misfeed.  They make the gun look goofy with a big square hold on the side.  

I've been lucky enough to have only broken 1 slide stop and that was at a square range while practicing. But I agree with other shooters, it's a fairly inexpensive part to change out yearly (depending on your level of engagement). For local matches I wouldn't stress too much. But if you will be attending majors local and distant, might as well change it once a season when changing out your springs. 

Edited by DFIVE3

2 hours ago, BadShot said:

It says it will fit a CZ75 tactical sport.  Would that then fit the Czechmate?  It doesn't sound like it will....

It should, they are the same frame as far as all the internals and externals go.

I took the one out of my Shadow 2 Orange and tried it in my Parrot.  The rod part was too short.  I found one place that had them in Canada, but they said UPS is losing too many packages so they no ship to the US.  CZ Custom said they are out and have no idea when they will get more stock ones.  I emailed DOT40 and asked them about the Eemann Tech slide stop, but haven't heard back yet.

Edited by BadShot

21 minutes ago, eerw said:

349BEE53-0399-42D2-A807-7657ECD8E0FC.jpeg.cd78d1c0afcda21de5913f9f274e3b32.jpeg

just double checked.

PCR slide stop will fit in Shadow 2, TSO, TS2 and CM, CM Parrot

Excellent, I just placed the order.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  Sure am enjoying the Parrot...

Skip

2 hours ago, BadShot said:

Excellent, I just placed the order.  Thanks to everyone for the help.  Sure am enjoying the Parrot...

Skip

Im sorry, who did you order this from? I have been looking for a backup slide stop 

On 3/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, eerw said:

349BEE53-0399-42D2-A807-7657ECD8E0FC.jpeg.cd78d1c0afcda21de5913f9f274e3b32.jpeg

just double checked.

PCR slide stop will fit in Shadow 2, TSO, TS2 and CM, CM Parrot

I ordered it based on Stuart's answer here.  I hope I got it correct.  We'll see in a couple of days.

17 minutes ago, BadShot said:

I ordered it based on Stuart's answer here.  I hope I got it correct.  We'll see in a couple of days.

thanks Man 👌, Ill be interested in how it works out, keep us posted 

Edited by Squirrel45

Yep the compact p-01 stop is exactly the same as shadow 2.

They bust about every 30k rounds. I just cycle them down from match gun to spare then into practice gun. Placing the new one in the match gun each break. 

On 3/14/2022 at 6:13 PM, Squirrel45 said:

thanks Man 👌, Ill be interested in how it works out, keep us posted 

I got them in and ran them thru my Czechmates and my Shadow 2, they worked perfectly.