Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

look like amg timer has competition

Sandbagger123

It looks good.  Why not take out the old wired 9V battery connection and make it an insert style like most new smoke detectors, or change to AA or AAA instead??  I like how you can make setting changes on the App and do HF scoring.

6 hours ago, clw42 said:

It looks good.  Why not take out the old wired 9V battery connection and make it an insert style like most new smoke detectors, or change to AA or AAA instead??  I like how you can make setting changes on the App and do HF scoring.

it looks like all they did was internal.   i agree that 9 volt is so 1980's.    

It looks like it has a lot of good features, but I still like the fact that AMD dragged the rest of the world into the 2000's.  Hell, bluetooth has been around a long time, and most of the timer makers seemed to look the other way until AMD popped up.  I give props to them for shaking up the competition.  

I'll stick with my AMD.

1 hour ago, wchangose said:

It looks like it has a lot of good features, but I still like the fact that AMD dragged the rest of the world into the 2000's.  Hell, bluetooth has been around a long time, and most of the timer makers seemed to look the other way until AMD popped up.  I give props to them for shaking up the competition.  

I'll stick with my AMD.

Agreed, I'm in no rush to change.

On 2/16/2022 at 6:19 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

Comp electronics has put out a BT model with ps  integration . and it seems one can get it now 

https://competitionelectronics.com/products/protimer-bt

I use one. Although I don't have an AMG or Rangelab, I am happy with the performance. The LED start option is great as we have some hard of hearing shooters that have to disable their hearing aids so it doesn't feedback with their regular ear pro. Battery life is good, comparable to the II. Compared to other bluetooth timers I've tried, it is different in that I have to "pull" the time to practiscore, instead of it being automatically recorded, but I assume that will be tweaked shortly.

This was actually available for purchase right at launch, which was when I got mine. Emailed CE direct and they just sent paypal invoice and shipped it right out. A friedn of mine ordered the same day from shooters connection too, so good job on them being actually available at launch.

11 hours ago, euxx said:

Unlikely. There is no need to push time automatically in the competition settings.

I meant tweaked in practiscore app. Our other timer pushes it automatically for steel challenge matches. I agree with you somewhat, but I quite like it for steel challenge, but you're right, not needed.

Edited by Arcrunner

50 minutes ago, workingmanjeff said:

Can someone comment on sensitivity of this new model - any issues with picking up 22's or rifles without muzzle brakes 

no issues, it's more sensitive than the previous Protimer II model. It has more adjustment rage I think too.

12 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

I meant tweaked in practiscore app.

I meant currently there are no plans to tweak anything in the PractiScore app

12 hours ago, Arcrunner said:

Our other timer pushes it automatically for steel challenge matches. I agree with you somewhat, but I quite like it for steel challenge, but you're right, not needed.

With "other timer" you can control if timer pushes data or not from the timer menus. However that is not the case with CE ProTimer.

I'm also considering disabling automatic pushes even for the "other timer" cause in the past that did cause some grief and really it should be an action done by the RO, so they are really paying attention...