Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heavy weight Zev OZ9

D_B_X

14 minutes ago, Edwards30 said:

I haven’t heard of this. Where do you purchase it at? I didn’t see it on Zev’s website. 

Got an email announcement from Zev last week and ordered immediately. I think it became "unavailable" in a day or so..

Can you weigh the stock and tungsten grip module separately? Just curious to see what the weight difference is. Mine is at 42 ozs with a light and empty mag with the regular grip module. Might hit 50 ozs with the tungsten one.

Doesn’t sound like a one time thing. Maybe it was a limited release to see if they have any issues or demand before pumping out more?

6E2310DC-B336-4C83-B637-1B923FA47703.thumb.png.d1fad3d3eec938b7f120047f97d13bba.png

1 hour ago, tt350z said:

Can you weigh the stock and tungsten grip module separately? Just curious to see what the weight difference is

Both with take down pin inserted: stock 3.3oz, tungsten 11.3oz. Exactly 8oz difference (as stated in the promo email sent from zev).

They have to be releasing more of these at some point in the future, but Zev has always had an on hand stock issue. Half the products they make are either in a constant state of sold out or 90-180 days backordered. I think they are still a relatively small shop, doing a lot of work in house, but they seem to stretch themselves a little thin sometimes. 

I'm sure they will release more at some point in the future. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:14 AM, D_B_X said:

Got a new tungsten infused OZ9 grip module and put it on. It weights a good 41+ oz. now. I think I may like it ...

OZ9-0.jpeg

How does the zev lower and the Glock upper work for you? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, D_B_X said:

Works great. I plan on shooting matches using this setup.

Just to clarify that I can never get this thing to work reliably with ZEV parts in the upper: broken Zev strikers (yes it is plural), constant FTE.  When the upper has zero Zev parts in it, it runs with no problem whatsoever.

3 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

Where did you get the slide?

And if you don't plan on shooting it, I'll buy the grip module off you.

That's Brownells slide. I plan to shoot this setup for a while and then decide.

• 4 weeks later...

Super jealous. I'd love to have the tungsten grip. That extra weight should make the gun very competitive with the Sig P320 Legion. It already has triggers out on the market that are just as good (Timney, Johnny Glocks, Tactical Trigger, etc.), and has a lower bore axis/less muzzle flip. It's just too light compared to the Legion. Hopefully, they make more of these.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 8:18 PM, tt350z said:

Can you weigh the stock and tungsten grip module separately? Just curious to see what the weight difference is. Mine is at 42 ozs with a light and empty mag with the regular grip module. Might hit 50 ozs with the tungsten one.

Doesn’t sound like a one time thing. Maybe it was a limited release to see if they have any issues or demand before pumping out more?

6E2310DC-B336-4C83-B637-1B923FA47703.thumb.png.d1fad3d3eec938b7f120047f97d13bba.png

Thiscis why my OZ9 sits and I switched to a X5 Legion.

On 5/29/2022 at 7:48 PM, tt350z said:

ZqMGdbJl.jpg

Apropos of nothing,  I hate your scale.  "fl. oz." is a measure of volume. "oz." is a measure of weight.

I chose to display it as 54 ounces instead of displaying 3 lbs 6 ounces. Rule book says 59 ounces not 3 lbs 11 ounces, so it’s just easier to display it in the same format as the rule book.

Edited by tt350z

1 hour ago, tt350z said:

I chose to display it as 54 ounces instead of displaying 3 lbs 6 ounces. Rule book says 59 ounces not 3 lbs 11 ounces, so it’s just easier to display it in the same format as the rule book.

I get that and it isn't the problem.  The scale has no ability to measure fluid ounces. It measures ounces.

• 3 weeks later...

An update -- in case some are interested.

My tungsten grip module broke. See photos.

I discovered this during a dry fire practice at home. It must have happened during a live fire practice the weekend before. (Luckily it didn't break then, as the idea of the upper flying back at me isn't entertaining.)

I have shot about 3,000 rounds. All 115 gr., a mixture of 9mm minor reloads and factory 9mm. It saw one local USPSA match. And all other live fires were in an indoor range. It has been in and out of holster many times during dry fire practice. It was never dropped.

The grip module is now back at Zev. They said they will replace it once the new ones come out in the fall.

I do not know if it is a manufacturing issue or design issue. 

Zev_tungsten1.jpeg

Zev_tungsten2.jpeg

Zev_tungsten3.jpeg