Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 Max Upgrades

ES13Raven

I'd get a springer extended mag release, I like the paddle and I prefer the Gray Guns trigger, because it's the only one that I've tried and it feels great, it's noticeably better than the stock trigger. If you feel like the grip doesn't have enough bite, you could go the stipple route or silicon carbide, personally the legion grip had enough bite for me so I left it alone. Lastly a tungsten guide rod, I think the gun is already balanced pretty well, I had a tungsten guide rod from an older X5, it was a little flatter with the tungsten guide rod, I don't think it's super necessary. Biggest improvements were trigger and the paddle mag release for me.

Pretty much the same as above. I had 3 legions and now have 3 Max's. 

The trigger is the same that comes in a legion. Pretty much the only difference is the slide. 

I reshaped and added to the top of the backstrap like a cz grip, removed the ledge at the beaver tail and shortened it.  Opened up the magwell, cut off left side slide stop, GG trigger kit, keres trigger, tungsten gr, Springer mag release.  Pretty much about it. 

56222.png

Edited by echotango

I'm also a big fan of Bruce's trigger for the x5...both of mine are well under 2lbs and the reset is sweet.  I also like the tungsten guiderod because I like a heavy gun...contouring and stippling the grip also makes the gun fit the hand better...good luck!

Edited by RogerS

The good thing about the Talon grips is the 3 flavours they have, Rubber, Grit or the Pro which is a combination, and as Tampa said follow the instructions and you'll have no issues.

Have used Talon grips on 3 different 320's and wouldn't use any other brand (love the Pro version)

Edited by terrydoc

• 2 years later...
7 hours ago, Cuz said:

How much better is the GrayGuns trigger over the stock 320Max trigger?

I've shot the top three available options and my take is as follows: 

1. The Sig Armorer 

2. GrayGuns

3. Stock 

Upgrading to GG or TSA from the stock trigger will net you a large result, the difference between TSA and GG is not massive, but TSA wins out in my opinion. The most crisp break and least takeup. 

Also, I sold my P320 Max for a Shadow 2 and never looked back... so I guess that's the 4th option

18 minutes ago, nitrohuck said:

I've shot the top three available options and my take is as follows: 

1. The Sig Armorer 

2. GrayGuns

3. Stock 

Upgrading to GG or TSA from the stock trigger will net you a large result, the difference between TSA and GG is not massive, but TSA wins out in my opinion. The most crisp break and least takeup. 

Also, I sold my P320 Max for a Shadow 2 and never looked back... so I guess that's the 4th option

I would love to run a Shadow 2 in CO lol but I do not want to decock. And then if doing LO, rather have a TSO or something or 2011. 320 for now...until I figure something else out.

Edited by mrvip27