Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 steel grip sizes

bnchief

26 minutes ago, 36873687 said:

I have lsi grip an had evo an classic PT. An cheely. I’d say classic PT is biggest

which one was the smallest? I have small hands and I'm thinking about changing the grip on my BUL SAS II. 

23 minutes ago, Gene_WI said:

Infinity (SVI) makes a grip that is sized for smaller hands.

thanks! I have an SV open gun and the grip is perfect! I'm curious to know if there are others that are smaller. I shot a Honcho and the grip is simply larger than I want it so that rules out PT.

I had a buddy this week ask me about my Cheely E2 grip... if it was less 'blocky' / square than a standard plastic 2011 grip, and it is. 

The front strap is much more rounded which makes it easier to grip for smaller hands. 

Also the shape under the beavertail give more 'room' which enables a better grip as well.

3 hours ago, 36873687 said:

I’d say evo an lsi about the same

thank you! 

This thread is helpful for me. 

Out of curiosity, can anyone chime in on where the Atlas Alpha grip is, size wise? I'm wondering how small it would be if I used it without any of their modular panels.

2 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Limcat for small hands is pretty small, I like the Cheely L2 it has a sharp contour

Thx, Are you saying the Cheely L2 is similar to the Limcat in that it fits small hands well (or at least you like it for small hands)?

1 hour ago, jt1207 said:

Thx, Are you saying the Cheely L2 is similar to the Limcat in that it fits small hands well (or at least you like it for small hands)?

Yes, because it has a deep contour it feels almost as small as the Limcat but has more bite to it

On 12/16/2021 at 11:36 AM, jt1207 said:

which one was the smallest? I have small hands and I'm thinking about changing the grip on my BUL SAS II. 

You do know this isn't an easy swap for a BUL frame and 2011 grip? I have 2 BUL hicaps with metal 2011 grips and you either have to mill/file don't the pads on the grip and size the holes for the BUL screws or mill the pads off the BUL frame, drill out the holes to accept standard 2011 grip bushings. It's not a hard task but is something to be aware of before spending $500+ on a grip. I do know at least one gunsmith who has and is willing to do this as well. 

1 hour ago, Bakerjd said:

You do know this isn't an easy swap for a BUL frame and 2011 grip? I have 2 BUL hicaps with metal 2011 grips and you either have to mill/file don't the pads on the grip and size the holes for the BUL screws or mill the pads off the BUL frame, drill out the holes to accept standard 2011 grip bushings. It's not a hard task but is something to be aware of before spending $500+ on a grip. I do know at least one gunsmith who has and is willing to do this as well. 

I know--but I got the idea after seeing you post about Prasky doing it for you. I've been going back-and-forth between having, say, an SVI grip put on the Bul, or just selling the Bul and buying another Limited major gun. I spoke with Morgan at Atlas yesterday about their Alpha grip and she says that she has very small hands and the grip (without the palm panel) fits her hands perfectly. It's a tough decision because we also have a Bul open gun (UR Shorty) and absolutely love it, except for wishing the grip was smaller, so that would potentially mean selling both. Our other Open gun is an Infinity IMM and that grip is perfect.

@Bakerjd just saw the pics you posted in Bul Armory fb group. That Open gun looks awesome. You have an LSI grip there. I'm going to call Sean today and discuss with him about putting an SVI grip on ours and get some more info.

Edited by jt1207

12 minutes ago, jt1207 said:

@Bakerjd just saw the pics you posted in Bul Armory fb group. That Open gun looks awesome. You have an LSI grip there. I'm going to call Sean today and discuss with him about putting an SVI grip on ours and get some more info.

Thank you! He does some really cool stuff. 

• 2 months later...