Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 Steel Challenge Match Planning

bigdawgbeav

Anyone else already started on their calendar of matches they are looking to attend next year?  I actually started on mine a couple of months ago.  Still need to finish 2021 and already looking to the future.  Not keeping my mind on where I am, what I am doing...

Partial wish list for 2022:

April - World Speed Shoot

May - Area 8

June - Area 5

August - Area 7

August - Conquest of the Midwest

Sept - East Coast Steel Challenge

Oct - Ohio Steel Classic

• 1 month later...

will be checking out the game in Topeka KS with my 7 shot 686..
Have just moved from VA to KS and was back on the forumn reading. I got out of USPSA because there were no local matches.... Couple years ago got into bowling pins and was doing well in revolver. Know nothing about Steel Challenge, but best I can see its five targets, stand and deliver just like pins. 
Did th efind a club, Hutchinson doesnt seem to shoot SC anymore, but Topeka does, I am in Marion, so if anyone knows any pin matches or outlaw steel within 100 miles I am all ears.
Course I qam sure folks will enjoy my  180 gr loads.

• 3 weeks later...

Very disappointed with the 2022 World Steel in Alabama/USPSA and Practiscore. I was on Practiscore when registration started, (7:00:01) which locked me out from registration.

With numerous attempts I finally was able to log in at 7:27 only to be notified the match was full and I can go on the waiting list.

What really sucks about it; 1 person can sign up for 5 guns for example, when people are on the waiting list and can't even sign up to shoot 1 gun!

Their Directors and President are very friendly and helpful on the phone or via email communication, however it still doesn't change the fact that many of us got screwed for registration, and will never get in.

They should scratch the registration, fix the Practiscore server, and restrict numerous entries until no person is on the waiting list.

2 hours ago, phil plesetz said:

Very disappointed with the 2022 World Steel in Alabama/USPSA and Practiscore. I was on Practiscore when registration started, (7:00:01) which locked me out from registration.

With numerous attempts I finally was able to log in at 7:27 only to be notified the match was full and I can go on the waiting list.

What really sucks about it; 1 person can sign up for 5 guns for example, when people are on the waiting list and can't even sign up to shoot 1 gun!

Their Directors and President are very friendly and helpful on the phone or via email communication, however it still doesn't change the fact that many of us got screwed for registration, and will never get in.

They should scratch the registration, fix the Practiscore server, and restrict numerous entries until no person is on the waiting list.

While I won't disagree with the registration issues and the free-for-all, the servers crashing were a seperate issue.  Practiscore's hosting company scheduled a server upgrade for that exact time and someone missed the announcement about it.  So that, at the time, was out of Practiscore's control.  That portion could have been avoided if they didn't miss the maintenance announcement.  

Even with 100% functioning servers, it still would have been a free-for-all, but infinitely better then getting error webpages.  

On 1/8/2022 at 5:03 PM, phil plesetz said:

couldn't find this match on practiscore!!

It doesn't look like they've posted it yet. I have family less than 15 minutes from the South Kent club, so maybe... I'll be able to make it this year.

This "South" match is posted; escape the frozen North and come join is! There's still a few slots open...

https://practiscore.com/south-georgia-steel-challenge-championship-2022/registe

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2022 at 11:37 AM, phil plesetz said:

Everyone attempting to resister was frustrated. I finally had to turn off my phone because it was going off like crazy. As you're aware we worked through the waiting list and got you and your wife all setup. 

For me I'm looking at

South Georgia in March - RM for that match

WSSC in April/May - Jack of all trades for that match. 

Area 6 in late Sep/Oct.

HyperShooters Fall Brawl - RM for that match

Monthly club match even though it's supposed to be 20 degrees in the morning and a high of only 40 I'll be out there and yes for you northerns that's nothing but for this thin blood southern boy that's cold!

Steve Mccormick memorial match in Sacramento, ca.

area 2 match in san louis obispo.

12 club matches at SVSS in Sacramento where we run 8 stages each month. 

going to shoot RFPO and CO with a Glogk 17 with 22lr and 9mm top ends.

trying for master by December. let the fun begin!

On 1/23/2022 at 8:01 PM, phil plesetz said:

Thanks again from me and my wife. To clarify, the frustration was with the server not the hard workers at uspsa supporting the match. 

Trust me I understand the frustration! We are working on things to make the process easier for the 2023 match but right now I'm concentrating on making the 2022 match a world record attendance breaker. 

• 1 month later...