Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MESQUITE MAYHEM REVOLVER CLASSIC 2022

2 hours ago, testosterone said:

Im not even clear its an icore match? 

It’s not sanctioned by icore but same scoring and divisions.  Icore in all but name.

Mark runs a good match, and he helped me out last year with ammo as I was limited by the airlines for the AZ matches.

16 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

I typed in the name and this came up https://icore.org/icoreclubpage.phtml?ClubNumber=84 had the ICORE Club & ICORE Logo so I'd jumped to that conclusion.  The Club is, but the Match isn't, on the ICORE website.

I guess its still a question?   Is it run under the icore rulebook or not?

Edited by testosterone

1 hour ago, testosterone said:

I guess its still a question?   Is it run under the icore rulebook or not?

First off we are an ICORE club.

2nd, This match is run under the ICORE rules, mostly. Where we differ is that we use one target sometimes that the headshead does not like or approve,aka the infamous spinner. Also under special catagories  we have senior, super senior, and super dooper senior, Law enforcement has been changed to 1st Responders,

3rd, We use the 4 main divisions, Classic, Limited, Limited 6, and Open  only and these are all shot heads up in each division, no a,b,c,d,m, or gm so no sandbag or grandbags, LOL

This is usually 8-10 stages with 250 to 300 min round count. Lunch is served after the match with awards. All stages shot in one day. The steel match the day before is used as a warm up  for the match and we feed you after that match also.

Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all divisions along with the special cats

Limited random draw prize table, but there is usually some cash with the division awards.

In the past EVERY shooter has been able to walk the prize table.

We have water at every stage, and we have snacks available all during the match ,such as nuts, granola bars, fresh fruit and fruit cups

Edited by mchapman

8 minutes ago, mchapman said:

First off we are an ICORE club.

2nd, This match is run under the ICORE rules, mostly. Where we differ is that we use one target sometimes that the headshead does not like or approve,aka the infamous spinner. Also under special catagories  we have senior, super senior, and super dooper senior, Law enforcement has been changed to 1st Responders,

3rd, We use the 4 main divisions, Classic, Limited, Limited 6, and Open  only and these are all shot heads up in each division, no a,b,c,d,m, or gm so no sandbag or grandbags, LOL

This is usually 8-10 stages with 250 to 300 min round count. Lunch is served after the match with awards. All stages shot in one day. The steel match the day before is used as a warm up  for the match and we feed you after that match also.

Awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all divisions along with the special cats

Limited random draw prize table, but there is usually some cash with the division awards.

In the past EVERY shooter has been able to walk the prize table.

We have water at every stage, and we have snacks available all during the match ,such as nuts, granola bars, fresh fruit and fruit cups

Thanks Mark.  I shot the IRC there that I believe you were the MD for and it was a very well run match.  

The Mesquite match in March is a fantastic event. Well run, well attended, and well fed. Great excuse to go warm up for a few days for cheap in the desert too. 

This year I had some interest in another group class after the Mesquite match on Sunday morning. If I can get a group together that would like to do that again, Mark and his crew make it very easy for us to enjoy the stages that aren’t torn down yet and field a small class. 

8 hours ago, MWP said:

The Mesquite match in March is a fantastic event. Well run, well attended, and well fed. Great excuse to go warm up for a few days for cheap in the desert too. 

This year I had some interest in another group class after the Mesquite match on Sunday morning. If I can get a group together that would like to do that again, Mark and his crew make it very easy for us to enjoy the stages that aren’t torn down yet and field a small class. 

Can I please get more information about the class?

10 hours ago, MWP said:

What exactly are your qualifications?

jokes, pencil me in for a slot.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:43 PM, mchapman said:

For those wondering what type and style of stages to expect, here is the post on this forum from last year with last years stages, so you can get an idea of what you'll be getting into.   MESQUITE MAYHEM REVOLVER CLASSIC 2021 - Revolver Match Announcements and Discussions - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm expecting the type and style of stages to include various shooting positions at various targets at various ranges?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, mchapman said:

I would like to thank and welcome the sponsors that have signed on for THE MESQUITE MAYHEM REVOLVER CLASSIC 2022 so far:  HOGUE INC. , TK CUSTOM, BANG AND CLANG BULLETS, MOJO CUSTOM GUNS, & REVOLVER SUPPLY.

Along with these companies above, I would like to welcome and three  more sponsors for our match, RUGER, ALLCHIN GUN PARTS, and HUNTERS HD GOLD.  Thank You all for helping us out with our match.

Edited by mchapman
add Ruger