Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZCA01LD

Rocketman11

I use  4.2 gr bullseye with a 124 gr FMJ bullet  from rmr bullets.

I wanted to caution you about your COAL.  In my CZ  A( 01 ld  and sd) the chambering is VERY  tight. be sure to make a few dummy rounds to verify that  your rounds will actually  load and be ejected( by hand of course).

My COAL is  1.140"  up to 1.142"  with a .377"  crimp. NOTHING else seems to  load and eject properly.

enjoy that  fine   s hooter

On 7/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, Rocketman11 said:

Im curious as to what reloading recipe do owners of the CZA01 use to get the best accuracy? Powder & Bullet weight?  Thank you for any replies to the question.

Rocketman:

I don't have a CZA01.......yet......, however I do have a Shadow 2 Orange; and I have to say it is one of the most accurate pistols (out of the box) that I have ever owned!  And I feel the Orange and A01 probably share a similar level of accuracy and performance.

This is my current favorite out of the Orange:

Hope this helps!

:)

3.5 N320 R3.png

Edited by HOGRIDER
sp

Now can you do that freehand HOGRIDER? lol.

OP: Titegroup, despite all the interweb hate it always produces the best groups for me. I've tried many but keep coming back to Titegroup because it's cheap. versatile and it performs better than most other powders. I also really like WSF and WST but they're getting more expensive and difficult to find up here in the Great White North.

Edited by 4n2t0

18 minutes ago, 4n2t0 said:

Now can you do that freehand HOGRIDER? lol.

OP: Titegroup, despite all the interweb hate it always produces the best groups for me. I've tried many but keep coming back to Titegroup because it's cheap. versatile and it performs better than most other powders. I also really like WSF and WST but they're getting more expensive and difficult to find up here in the Great White North.

Absolutely NOT!  But I do know that if I miss it's me and not my ammo!

Per the OP's request, I did share my recipe and RR test target to back it up.

😁

On 7/29/2021 at 3:03 PM, HOGRIDER said:

Rocketman:

I don't have a CZA01.......yet......, however I do have a Shadow 2 Orange; and I have to say it is one of the most accurate pistols (out of the box) that I have ever owned!  And I feel the Orange and A01 probably share a similar level of accuracy and performance.

This is my current favorite out of the Orange:

Hope this helps!

:)

3.5 N320 R3.png

Hogrider, what app are you using to get that data?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2021 at 6:59 AM, boatdoc173 said:

I use  4.2 gr bullseye with a 124 gr FMJ bullet  from rmr bullets.

I wanted to caution you about your COAL.  In my CZ  A( 01 ld  and sd) the chambering is VERY  tight. be sure to make a few dummy rounds to verify that  your rounds will actually  load and be ejected( by hand of course).

My COAL is  1.140"  up to 1.142"  with a .377"  crimp. NOTHING else seems to  load and eject properly.

enjoy that  fine   s hooter

I just bought an A01LD and am very glad to hear your load OAL is that long. My normal OAL is 1.125 with a SNS 135GN RN. 

On 3/21/2022 at 8:57 AM, boatdoc173 said:

@Bakerjd --always  BEST to  create a few  dummy rounds( sans primers and powder) to be sure  your  reloaded ammo has  a OAL that is  going to feed properly

For sure. 

• 1 month later...

Back last fall I was discussing with Angus Hobdell the "ultimate" CZC CO pistol for USPSA; and his preferred load was:

4.0 - 4.2g of N320 under a Zero 125JHP.  All loads are "just under 1.090 and don't overdo removing the flair (crimp)"!

4.0 - 4.2 of N320 under a Zero 125JHP.  All loads are just under 1.090 and don't overdo removing the flair!

FWIW.............