Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop/Offset Hanger that Pivots?

Terp

33 minutes ago, joseywales said:

Picked one up a couple of months ago.

Used at WSSC this year a few more matches and practice sessions.
Works great. Not going back to the spacers.

that’s good to hear. Is it plastic or aluminum?  I can’t tell from the pictures and I don’t think it says in the literature. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

that’s good to hear. Is it plastic or aluminum?  I can’t tell from the pictures and I don’t think it says in the literature. 

They are aluminum.   It's my design and I think it's pretty good, although there may be some bias there :D

7 hours ago, Cuz said:

Giving this a bump to see if anyone has tried the new Boss Baller Holster Hanger yet. If so, how is it?  I just stumbled upon it and it looks interesting. 

baller%205.png

I haven't tried the baller mount with the boss holster. I did use the original boss holster setup for years in production and carry optics. After getting frustrated with DAA holsters for my 2011s I switch to the Everglades MRH and loved it. I decided to upgrade my carry optics rig with the Henning T-1000 hanger so I could have the same 4 points of adjustability as my Everglades MRH does. I've been very happy with both and won't go back to the ball style mount again.

3 hours ago, shred said:

They are aluminum.   It's my design and I think it's pretty good, although there may be some bias there :D

Thanks, I've been happy so far with all of your other products that I'm using, so I guess I'll give this a whirl.

15 hours ago, shred said:

Hi Mate anywhere else that sells them to out of US purchasers?

I am surely in the minority on this one but I do not like the henning hanger. With a S2 with brass grips it does not support the weight of the holster causing too much movement. The adjustability is incredible but I also had it come loose at the range after a handful of training sessions. 

19 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Hi Mate anywhere else that sells them to out of US purchasers?

I don't know of anyone selling them outside the US and I don't think there are any export restrictions but there hasn't been a lot of demand with IPSC allowing race holsters for everyone. 

On 6/13/2024 at 6:02 AM, Cuz said:

Giving this a bump to see if anyone has tried the new Boss Baller Holster Hanger yet. If so, how is it?  I just stumbled upon it and it looks interesting. 

baller%205.png

On 6/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, aandabooks said:

I haven't seen one of those at a match yet.  I did see them on the website around Christmas.  

My training partner uses one and she likes it 

5 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

I am surely in the minority on this one but I do not like the henning hanger. With a S2 with brass grips it does not support the weight of the holster causing too much movement. The adjustability is incredible but I also had it come loose at the range after a handful of training sessions. 

Have you used locktite and torqued down well? I had the issue of the shuttle come loose once.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Archer said:

I’ve been running two rigs with the Baller Boss units since February and it has been rock-solid- no loctite needed, either.  The locking bolts are very beefy.  The locking collars on mine are steel, not aluminum.

good to hear. I’m waiting patiently for my RHT holster to get here so I can set mine up. Looking forward to giving it a try.