Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop/Offset Hanger that Pivots?

Terp

...have a Boss hanger that works perfectly behind the hip bone; however, I am playing around with the holster about an inch or two more forward. I still maintain the 'closest part of the grip' within 2 1/8" from inner belt, but as I move it forward, the butts sticks out more into the naturally hanging forearm and pivoting it in just a touch would be absolutely perfect.

I know, I know, just trying new things (I'm a product of the '70s, that's how we rolled). :)

I thought I have seen them, but might not have been a hanger, per se.  Have you see any Boss-like hangers that not only adjust for height/cant, but can pivot, also? Would be mounting a RHT tactical on it....sans WML for now, as the asinine rule change was made a week after I ordered another holster...but I digress.

12 hours ago, terrydoc said:

Safariland USPSA kit, or the CR Speed CBAX hanger 

I took a serious look at the USPSA kit from Safariland (actually going on a SL ELS belt) before getting the Boss, but I think the hole pattern only worked with their QLS hole pattern or something like that...could be wrong, though, but didn't want to jump through hoops to make it work. I'll double back and take another look.

However, the CR hanger is interesting and definitely checks the box. Thank you, sir...will give that a look, too. 

7 minutes ago, tt350z said:

So why are people recommending race holsters?

He’s looking for a hanger to attach a kydex RHT holster. 

Yes, sir. :)

My fault...should have mentioned I shoot CO, but thought the "2 1/8" from inner belt" and the RHT tactical holster gave it away. 

17 hours ago, Terp said:

I took a serious look at the USPSA kit from Safariland (actually going on a SL ELS belt) before getting the Boss, but I think the hole pattern only worked with their QLS hole pattern or something like that...could be wrong, though, but didn't want to jump through hoops to make it work. I'll double back and take another look.

However, the CR hanger is interesting and definitely checks the box. Thank you, sir...will give that a look, too. 

there is an adapter (you have to call) to put a ELS on the USPSA kit.   

4 minutes ago, tt350z said:

Is your RHT molded to accept the ELS pattern? If so, drilling a new hole is easy.

Nope..."Bladetech/Boss/Springer/RHT" pattern to use with the Boss hanger.

I am, however, forced (thanks, USPSA) to get another holster soon to accommodate a WML, so I could select a different hole pattern at that time.

I did see RHT includes a parenthetical ("will not fit Safariland USPSA kit") for the "QLS Short Pattern" option, but not on the "QLS Long Pattern." I could ask them if that patterning will work with the USPSA kit.  I really don't have a plan yet, clearly. :)

That CR Speed CBAX hanger @terrydoc recommended definitely checks the box, though, as would the USPSA kit (and get a nice discount off SL) if there's a RHT hole pattern that plays nice with it without drills and dremels.

21 hours ago, tt350z said:

So why are people recommending race holsters?

He’s looking for a hanger to attach a kydex RHT holster. 

Nobody has recommended any race holsters.  Maybe you should have looked up the Safariland and CRSpeed products mentioned before assuming.

8 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Sorry no one is forcing you.

It's italicized for emphasis. Sorry if you feel slighted by my quip. 

6 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Nobody has recommended any race holsters.  Maybe you should have looked up the Safariland and CRSpeed products mentioned before assuming.

"Maybe you should have looked..." at the posts before they were edited.  Perhaps choosing some new pronouns will make you feel better about yourself and less of a d*ck around here. I can tell exactly where you are in life. I wish you well nonetheless.

To the guys who gave me two good leads, thanks.

Edit: Mods: You can lock this thead...off the rails as usual. I'm moving on.

Edited by Terp

2 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Take a gander at the first reply. It’s a magnetic race holster. The other one was edited out after I pointed it out.

I see your reading comprehension is about as good as theirs.

I tried the CBAX hanger a couple of years ago but found that I could not get the gun close enough to the inner belt for it to be clearly legal. If I measured it on a flat surface it was right on the edge of legality, and I was concerned about skirting too close to Open.

I think it depends on the holster design, the mounting holes on my holster are further from the center line of the gun than they should to be.

Hello, get the Safariland USPSA kit and make an aluminum adapter for the Blade Tech hole pattern and you will have a holster setup that is very ajustable. Or buy a Safariland holster to fit your pistol setup and attach the USPSA kit. Don't be affraid to modify the holster or attachment. Make it fit your needs. Thanks, Eric

• 3 months later...