Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Precision Delta Vs. Zero Jhp 180's

boo radley

The only thing I've used so far in .40S&W are Zero 180gr JHP bullets, bought from Shooter's Connection.

The delivered prices on some of the Precision Delta bullets are pretty appealing, though. Anyone have experience comparing the Zero JHP to a Precision Delta 180gr FMJ-FP (the only profile they seem to offer) in a Glock?

Are Precision Delta the same bullets, too, that are referred to as "Precision bullets" widely in this form? Or is there a "Precision Bullet Inc, and Precision Delta, Inc?" Thx

I have shot several thousand precision delta 180's through my glock 35 with great results. For the cost and availability I think they are the best thing going. I have also used Montana Gold and Ranier bullets. No problem with these either but I do think the precision delta's shoot better. They are very accurate. I haven't used zero's.

SC

Thx, I might give them a try. Shipped to NC, it looks like they're $66.50/k, rather....I'd save maybe $10-$12 on a 2k order over Zero's, which I know are super-accurate, and I've already worked up a load for, etc..

Maybe I'll order 1k of them, anyway, to see how they shoot, then 1k of 9mm 147gr bullets, which I've been meaning to try, anyway.

Man. Seems like every time I turn around, I'm forking out my CC number for bullets, primers, once-fired brass, more primers, more bullets....

• 2 weeks later...

For what it is worth. I prefer the Zero because there is a little less smoke since there is no exposed lead on the bottom. Also, two of my buddies switched to Precision Delta 180's before going to area 5. A strange thing happened at chrono. Turns out in the boxes of 180's they bought had some 165's in them as well. The bullet they pulled for both fellas only weighed 165. Both guys had them pull another bullet. One was a 180 (scored major) the other was a 165 and he of course chronoed minor. I'm sure that it was just one of those weird things that probably wouldnt happen again. That being said, I would be tempted to weigh my bullets before loading for a big match.

I have tried both, and now have Precision Delta bullets on the shelf.

I have spoke with Joe Trantum(owner) about the 165/180 trouble.

He has since then changed how they package, and a few other things to eleminate that accident again.

The Precision Delta bullets are the most accurate in my guns (on the average) between all the guns I use.

Small history on Precision Delta bullets:

They have supplied PPC shooters for years and are the premier bullet maker for that sport.

No wonder they are accurate. ;)

Another note:

Since recieving my new Limited gun from Benny Hill I have not had a single feed problem from the very first bullet to the last one I shot yesterday.

HOPE it helps, My choice....Precision Delta !!!!

HOPALONG

I ordered 2K 180 grain .40 bullets and received them today. They do look good and it's great to hear the accuracy reports in this thread. Can't beat $125 delivered.

The next step will be trying some of their .45 bullets.

I love the Precision Delta's. I just order 4k more! Zero's are good bullets as well but are more $$$. For $125/2k delivered they can't be beat. I am a long time benchrest shooter so I have a habit of weighing bullets, (all rifle and about 1 in 100 pistol bullets). In my last 2000 .40 180gr PD's they all weighed between 179.9gr and 180.1gr on my Dillion electronic scale.

Edited by lneel

I've settled on the PD's too after loading MG, and Moly coated (Master Balster) previously. A little smoke with fast powders (VV and TG) because of the exposed base and at their prices are pobably the best bullet (for my uses) for the price per unit (bullet). Good feeders at any OAL and (yea I heard about the weight mix up) consistant (randomly pulled bullets from bin/box) gr. weight and diam.

I have shot 180 jhp zeros in my Glock 35 with the stock and a KKM barrel going on 4 years with no problems, but i am going to try the P/D in it to see if i like them.

I'd be interested in hearing how you like them. So far, I've not had a single problem feeding Zero JHP's, either, from either stock or KKM barrel. I ordered another 2k recently, and they're loaded up. I hope that lasts me until January, then I'll take a hard look again, at what's out there.

Zero's sure work well, though.

• 1 month later...

Any more updates on this thread from those who were testing the two mentioned bullets a couple months ago? I was leaning on ordering the 180gr JHP Zero's for my G35 but would like to get more feedback on the Precision Delta's.

Cost is always an issue but accuracy and reliability rule the roost.

Edited by rwmagnus

i shot the nationals with the precision delta 40 cal 180s. they shoot great!.

I shoot the Delta bullets in my super, and my 9mms now too.

the 124 grain .356 38 super bullet is more accurate in my gun than the montana gold 124 JHPs both loaded to 1400 fps.

After chronoing/accuracy testing my first loads with precision delta, I was happy enough to order another 4000.

25 yard B zone hits weren't a problem, with the same accuracy I get from my standard Rainier 180 HP and Speer 180 JFP loads.

I've just started shooting Zeros after years of shooting lead in my Glock (yeah, yeah) but that was 15 years ago and I didn't have access to forums like this to know that I shouldn't

Anyway, I'm getting a sample of PD to check out, but thier prices just went up (70ish) a 1000 for the 180's.

I've just started shooting Zeros after years of shooting lead in my Glock (yeah, yeah) but that was 15 years ago and I didn't have access to forums like this to know that I shouldn't

Anyway, I'm getting a sample of PD to check out, but thier prices just went up (70ish) a 1000 for the 180's.

Zero bullets are going up 10 percent next month too.

I called Precision Delta today to order 2K of their 180 gr 40 cal. The girl that ansered the phone informed me that they had a price increase in Dec. of 05.

The price for 180 gr. 40 cal. is now $70. per K. That is delivered.

Last year I called Zero and the lady I talked to quoted me a great "club price" on an order of 30 K minimum. I couldn't find a club that was interested.

Is this really the best price around right now. I would even give the black bullets a try if I could find a good deal. Although I understand there is some problems when using very fast burning powders like Clays and Tite Gtoup.