Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AXG Grip?

Doge

2 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

I have been wanting an extended mag release for the AXG grip. Armory Craft still does not have it in stock. I don’t see anyone else carrying or developing one. The AXG grip is almost perfect. Almost. 

Agreed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I also never got comfortable with the TXG grip, shaved it down and stippled, but just never liked the balance or the recoil impulse.. felling much better about my work in process AXG:

Custom works FCU

AC trigger

Glock Store spring Kit ( 2.70LB)

LOk grips

Pro Cut slide

AC guide rod

Sig Gold Titanium-Nitride  barrel

20220530_120430.jpg

20220530_120329.jpg

• 1 month later...

After reading the whole thread, for those who used an X5 upper on an AXG grip, how did you like it for competition shooting? I'm thinking about a similar build. I like the x5 but not the grip. It doesn't fit my small hands well. TIA

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, GJM said:

Springer Precision now has right hand paddle style extended mag releases for the AXG.

Thanks for that info! Hope it works with the LOK brass grip.

Edited by jaep1911

• 2 weeks later...

This is the grip I’ve been searching for. With the Lok palmswell grips it fits my hands perfectly and I like the balance. I never liked the feel of the TXG grip. That’s the Springer Precision extended mag release.
F284A0EE-DED5-4032-85FF-3A9C98BFAE52.thumb.jpeg.8439c5e28d1d6fc3d96186d8f2c8383e.jpeg

1 hour ago, AKJD said:

This is the grip I’ve been searching for. With the Lok palmswell grips it fits my hands perfectly and I like the balance. I never liked the feel of the TXG grip. That’s the Springer Precision extended mag release.
F284A0EE-DED5-4032-85FF-3A9C98BFAE52.thumb.jpeg.8439c5e28d1d6fc3d96186d8f2c8383e.jpeg

That looks great.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently got one with the brass grips to try. Not sure if I prefer it though. While It looks awesome and feels great in my hands I don’t like shooting it. The grip angle is slightly different as well as recoil. I feel I can track the TXG grip substantially better. I only had two practice sessions with that grip so far. Perhaps it’s too early to draw any conclusions but I am not impressed at this time 

Edited by cheby