Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCI Area 4 SCSA Championship - Texas July 23 thru 25

Hoops

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Texaspaul said:

It is very unclear on how or where to get qualified in my area - I have shot at least 6-7 6 stage matches and still have no classifications records in my profile. So I do not think I can do it by July?

Contact your club and make sure they are sending the information to SCSA.  You should have been classified by now.  With 2 months to go it should be a no brainer.  Some clubs are very slow in sending in the classification information and you have to get on them.

1 hour ago, Texaspaul said:

It is very unclear on how or where to get qualified in my area - I have shot at least 6-7 6 stage matches and still have no classifications records in my profile. So I do not think I can do it by July?

If the clubs you are shooting at are SCSA affiliated you should have been classified your first match. Some clubs are really slow about posting scores and paying the fees. I hate having things on my "to do" list. At the shoot I run, I post the scores before pulling out of the range and pay the fees to SCSA an hour later when I get in front of my desktop. It's just not that hard. I don't see why some places try to make it hard, you took the money so do your dang job and get it turned in.

8 hours ago, Texaspaul said:

Paul, you've got classifications in PCCO and RFRO on your profile--B class in both. You've got scores listed from three matches -- Oct 24, March 6th, and March 26. (All from Brazosland Pistoleros Steel Challenge.)

Are there other matches you have shot?  Same club, or a different club?  What dates?  (Practiscore doesn't have a record of your number in any other steel matches since then.)   Have you gotten any links to results or anything?

Taking a look at the other SC matches that Brazosland has posted for this year, you aren't listed in any of them.  (I checked to see if perhaps you were in the match but your member number was incorrect, that sometimes happens.)

Do you remember what other matches you shot?

Edited by Thomas H
apparently "in" and "and" aren't the same word...

Thanks for the help.  So when I looked at the USPSA web sight there were no classifications listed.  I then went to the SCSA then my profile shows B classification in PCCO and RFRO.  I assumed one sight would show both - my error.  The other two events do not show my number in the results so I assume that is why they did not show up on the classification.

Thanks again

25 minutes ago, Texaspaul said:

Thanks for the help.  So when I looked at the USPSA web sight there were no classifications listed.  I then went to the SCSA then my profile shows B classification in PCCO and RFRO.  I assumed one sight would show both - my error.  The other two events do not show my number in the results so I assume that is why they did not show up on the classification.

Thanks again

If you contact the others, sometimes they can update the results to tag your number.  Unless they have higher scores on a stage, though, it won't matter.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, Texaspaul said:

You don't have to be classified just a member. Sign up, show up and shoot. Dont worry. Troy and Jake will be cool with more people shooting 🤣

-Area 4 SCSA MD

• 3 weeks later...

The match is just about 2 months out and things are moving along for a great match. We are very excited to share some more details for the event.

We are running this as an 8 stage, half day format. Shooters will shoot all 8 stages in either a morning or afternoon flight. If you've been thinking about coming out get signed up soon. Shooters must be registered by July 2nd to receive a match shirt. Shirts will be high quality, breathable, lightweight material and will be included with the match.

We very happy to have 3 Youth Shooter Clinics happening at the match. Instructors are Steve Foster, Karl Rehn and Travis Gibson. Clinics are ~1-2 hours and are being provided free for youth shooters signed up for the match. Registration opens for the clinics at the end of May. 

We are also hosting a NROI Seminar. If you are not certified and want to work the match the club will reimburse your seminar fees if you RO the match in addition to our standard RO package. 

We are thankful to have the support of many awesome companies. These folks are helping us grow the sport in a time of unprecedented demand. We are truly grateful for their help. CCI Ammunition  | Hunters HD Gold  | JP Rifles | Hodgdon  | CZ USA  | Ben Stoeger Pro Shop | Surefire  | MGM Targets |  Ruger | Volquartsen  | Tandemkross  | EGW | Steel Target Paint  | KR Training  | Steel Target Banners | AXL Advanced

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Shooters must be registered by July 2nd to receive a match shirt. Shirts will be high quality, breathable, lightweight material and will be included with the match.

One shirt per registration for multiple guns since they're the same price?  Two registrations, two shirts?

19 hours ago, mreed911 said:

One shirt per registration for multiple guns since they're the same price?  Two registrations, two shirts?

One shirt bromigo. Don't worry, the extra funds are going into food, awards and most importantly RO's. 

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

I'm curious.  at level III matches are the timers sync'd to the tablet for uploading after the match?

That's a function of the equipment, not the match level.

So it pretty much completely depends on whether or not the host owns AMG Commander timers or not.  :)

38 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

That's a function of the equipment, not the match level.

So it pretty much completely depends on whether or not the host owns AMG Commander timers or not.  :)

I have an AMG Commander and we sync to tablets for all our local matches.  

I was not sure if this type of match used them as well.  Good to know.  AMG timers are fantastic....especially for picking up rimfire shots.

Thanks

Those timers are pretty nifty. I saw them at SCSA Nationals. We are planning on syncing tablets throughout the day but I don't have a whole new set of timers in the budget this year. Generally I prefer to test gear for about a year to work out the kinks and bugs before putting them into service at a big match. Something to keep an eye on for 2022 though. Always room for improvement!

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I may have missed this in some of the previous data for the match.

Do you have a "hammer down" time set for the AM and PM matches?

Thanks,

0800 and 1330

We are just 1 month away from the CCI Area 4 Steel Challenge Championship in Navasota, TX! I know everyone is excited to get shooting. I wanted to let folks know a bunch of great stuff is happening behind the scenes.

Registration: https://practiscore.com/cci-area-4-steel-challenge-championship/register

First, industry support has been PHENOMENAL for this match. I and the match staff have been overwhelmed with the sheer volume of folks doing so many things to make this match an EPIC event!

Next, the Youth Shooter Clinic Registrations will open Friday June 25th at 7 pm CST to REGISTERED youth (17 and under) shooters. Details on registration have been emailed to registered shooters.

We understand ammo is a concern for shooters. We are working with our partners to help get as many folks shooting for the match as possible. What I will say now is if you’re concerned about not being able to shoot because of ammo, contact the match staff at brazoslandpistoleros@gmail.com .

Lunch is provided with your match entry. Fuego Tacos will be delivered to the range for range staff and every shooter of the day at noon. There is a lunch break from noon to 1 pm built into the schedule. Trust us, these tacos are amazing and we could (and will ^_^) eat them every day!

Match shirts are provided with your match entry as well. If your friends are on the fence about signing up let them know it’s time. The deadline to sign up and receive the match shirt is JULY 2nd.

Every bay will have covered areas for shade and coolers filled with ice water. We know it will be warm out but if shooters need anything at all we will be happy to help. There is also an air conditioned facility available on site should anyone get a bit too much sun.

Finally one reminder from Steel Challenge: this is a Level 3 match. All shooters must be Steel Challenge members to compete. We will be verifying this at check in along with your division and classification. Please verify your membership is current at SCSA.org before arriving.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the range, having fun smashing steel very soon.

Cory, Jason, Josh and the Brazosland Pistoleros Crew

14 hours ago, joseywales said:

Let me rephrase - can you reveal the bay 1-squad 1-stage name 1 combination ... for all 8 stages?

Yeah, sorry. Been busy getting everything squared away for the match. Schedule is below along with a teaser of our match shirts. 1 on 1, 8 on 8. First squad on 1 for each schedule, last squad on 8 for each schedule. @joseywales do me a solid for helping the gaming, tell your friends how excited you are to shoot this match 😉

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

So I'm curious, are going to shooting from under any of those 10x10 canopy's?  I had to do that on Roundabout at WSSC, and since I'm 6'4" it's very distracting.  I'll practice under one it that's the case.

Thanks, really looking forward to it.

16 hours ago, skip62 said:

So I'm curious, are going to shooting from under any of those 10x10 canopy's?  I had to do that on Roundabout at WSSC, and since I'm 6'4" it's very distracting.  I'll practice under one it that's the case.

Thanks, really looking forward to it.

Shooting boxes will be in just in front of the shade canopies. This is 1) For those of us tall as you indicated and 2) To keep Open shooters from setting fire to canopies. 

Really looking forward to this match. If you have friends on the fence you should definitely nudge them to sign up. We have some amazing plans for this match!