Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'am try to build my first 2011 9mm for uspas open,i did search but doesn't help me to list all parts and questions for build, need you guys building and using experience, please school me how to build it tight and accurate for open, will post all step and parts list with photo after job done ,hope can help the people who like me as well.

Questions:

• what's the most difficult part to build my own 2011?
  • how to build accurate open 2011?

Parts List:

• slide:
  • frame: cheely/ptrinity...
  • grip: cheely/ptrinity...
  • etc....
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

3 minutes ago, nnrrwz said:

I'am try to build my first 2011 9mm for uspas open,i did search but doesn't help me to list all parts and questions for build, need you guys building and using experience, please school me how to build it tight and accurate for open, will post all step and parts list with photo after job done ,hope can help the people who like me as well.

Questions:

• what's the most difficult part to build my own 2011?
  • how to build accurate open 2011?

Parts List:

• slide:
  • frame: cheely/ptrinity...
  • grip: cheely/ptrinity...
  • etc....
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •   
  •  
  •  

Buy the short block open it from brazos custom. Recently purchased and finished it out. It's awesome for the money and the fitting is superb of all the parts (slide, frame, one piece barrel and comp from barsto, slide racker)

2 hours ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Buy the short block open it from brazos custom. Recently purchased and finished it out. It's awesome for the money and the fitting is superb of all the parts (slide, frame, one piece barrel and comp from barsto, slide racker)

that's good idea for whole upper,but personally dont like the slide style ,i like slide style as atlasgunwork's slide

Edited by nnrrwz

The hardest thing to fit is the barrel/comp if you go one piece, something I recommend.  Unless you can measure extremely accurately and have access to an accurate mill, it will be tedious.

I think you should consider using Warwick Tactical.  For just under $1100 you get a fit frame, slide and barrel.  Order the short block with a bushing barrel.  Then have it threaded for a cone comp.  They are much more secure than a comp on a bull barrel.  You can order the slide plain if you like, or with their tri-top and slide cuts.  Use a Cheely Custom grip for it.  The EVO will require much fitting.

On 12/21/2020 at 11:02 AM, zzt said:

The hardest thing to fit is the barrel/comp if you go one piece, something I recommend.  Unless you can measure extremely accurately and have access to an accurate mill, it will be tedious.

I think you should consider using Warwick Tactical.  For just under $1100 you get a fit frame, slide and barrel.  Order the short block with a bushing barrel.  Then have it threaded for a cone comp.  They are much more secure than a comp on a bull barrel.  You can order the slide plain if you like, or with their tri-top and slide cuts.  Use a Cheely Custom grip for it.  The EVO will require much fitting.

Good luck ordering a short block from Warwick. I have the funds sitting in my account waiting for them to start selling them again. Been waiting for about 6 months. Brazos would be able to sell a short block kit with a blank slide. Also their one piece barrel/comp is fantastic. I love mine. If looking for someone to thread a bushing barrel to accept a cone style comp I suggest Dan at D2 Customs. 

11 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Good luck ordering a short block from Warwick. I have the funds sitting in my account waiting for them to start selling them again. Been waiting for about 6 months. Brazos would be able to sell a short block kit with a blank slide. Also their one piece barrel/comp is fantastic. I love mine. If looking for someone to thread a bushing barrel to accept a cone style comp I suggest Dan at D2 Customs. 

I called Warwick last week and was told they are producing short blocks and complete guns again.  I did not specifically ask about Open short blocks.  I had been previously told yes, as long as they had the threaded Barsto barrels in stock.  At any rate, I'd order a bushing barrel short block and have the barrel treaded for a cone comp.

15 hours ago, zzt said:

I called Warwick last week and was told they are producing short blocks and complete guns again.  I did not specifically ask about Open short blocks.  I had been previously told yes, as long as they had the threaded Barsto barrels in stock.  At any rate, I'd order a bushing barrel short block and have the barrel treaded for a cone comp.

Interesting. I emailed Ryan and got a reply 12/23/2020 saying they weren't and to join the email list for the company as they would send out an email when they started again. 

Not to thread hijack, but I have an open 9 major Warwick and a 9mm 3 gun Warwick. Both are great, but they need to be rehomed due to life.

If you have to ask "what parts should I use", you should not build an open 2011 I think. Buy a cheap used one and then learn from there. Parts for an open 2011 will be well over $2000-3000 I think. Used are typically $3000ish. Building an open 2011 would be really rough I think.

Edited by geraldskip

21 minutes ago, geraldskip said:

Not to thread hijack, but I have an open 9 major Warwick and a 9mm 3 gun Warwick. Both are great, but I need to sell them due to life. Message me if interested.

If you have to ask "what parts should I use", you should not build an open 2011 I think. Buy a cheap used one and then learn from there. Parts for an open 2011 will be well over $2000-3000 I think. Used are typically $3000ish.

Dude, post an ad in the classifieds if you want to sell something......

Gans guns has a list of everything you need for a limited or open gun on his website.

Probably the easiest way to get an open gun built is to send him the parts, then you can do the final prep work and finishing