Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield EMP 9mm

262alcante

I have an emp4 ccc in 40 that I picked up for a carry gun. I know the 40 is a much heavier steel gun than the 9, but it has been a rockstar for about 500 rounds so far. Just waiting on a holster now.

Not that I would really want to do it, but I shoot SS Major in 40 and this could be a backup gun for that if needed. It only weighs 5-6 ounces less than my competition SS.

I had a EMP CCC in 9mm 4" barrel.  Loved it really nice gun that shot really well but ended up selling it and kind of regret it.  I did carry it a few times and it is a really nice gun to carry but I cant see carrying it over my Walther PPS or any glock for that matter.  I just feel safer with a round in the chamber in a striker fire than a 1911 cocked and locked.  I really don't want to shot my ass off lol!

If you run a defensive JHP round in it for carry or self defense make sure you run a bunch of them through it at the range.  I had a lot of issues with hollow points cycling had to send it back to Springfield to have feed ramp polished and chamber contoured.  I had no issues after that and it ran Federal HST with no issues.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have had one in 9mm for several years.  3" barrel.  The pistol is surprisingly accurate, a dream to carry, and easy to shoot.  I mostly carry 1911's in caliber .45 ACP, so this one isn't getting much use.  

My wife has one for her carry gun and uses it when we shoot steel matches.  I like it because of the same controls as my Govt. and Officers.  It has run everything we have put in the mags including snake shot.