Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Rounds Have You Shot?

How many rounds have you shot in your life total (not just for IPSC but total) and what is your highest current IPSC classification?

For me probably just over 50,000 I'm a B Open.

Not a clue really. I do know that my father had me shooting a pair of pearl handled Colts before I could ride a bike. I've shot benchrest rimfire, rimfire silhouette and sporting clays seriously before this game. This year approaching 10,000 rounds and I am a C class shooter trying to get better and learn on these boards.

For me the next big step won't come with some technique breakthrough. I believe it will come when something between my ears clicks so that I can accomplish what I know how to accomplish. Round count alone isn't going to make you a great shooter in my experience. Technique and mental toughness are the building blocks of success.

Rick

I voted for less than 500,000.

I casually shot until 2001...then I started shooting USPSA,IDPA, NRA, USA shooting and some other stuff.

I can say in 2001 I went through 8000 pistol rounds plus as many .22 rounds and a few large caliber dinking around with my deer rifle just for Shi** and grins.

in 2002 I got the 650 and went through 15,000 plus and started playing with 3-gun stuff.....3 matches that year, plus NRA silhoettes, NRA high power, NRA small bore prone, USA shooting Air rifle and Air pistol.

In 2003 I really cranked the handle on the 650 went through 40,000 pistol, 1500+ rifle(.308) and no telling the .22

In 2004 I changed over to revolver and had to start over on the learning curve, went through about 30,000 rounds in it (now remember, I live in the south and shoot all year) plus the other guns in High power, Silohette, ect

this year I have really stepped up the work,(and am quite worn out) and have loaded 80,000 rounds and have shot out maybe around 2/3 of them mostly .45s through the wheelgun but here lately the new benny blaster is getting its fair share.

So My best guess is since 2001 I have been through 100,000+ just of pistol, man I need to invest in stock of some of the reloader suppliers.

USPSA Class:

L......A

R.....A

L10...B

P......B

IDPA Class:

SSR.....EX

ESR.....EX

CDP.....EX

SSP.....EX

ESP.....EX

NRA Class:

High Power......SS.....10% from expert

Small bore Prone:...SS

Silohettes.......AA

Damn That is way too busy, need to slow down and concentrate on just a few.

Any way, there you go.

HOPALONG

I'm in the "one million plus" column. For twenty years my ammunition comsumption was in excess of 35,000 rounds a year. Add in the decade before IPSC, the decade since giving up gunsmithing, and the law enforcement classes, and there we are. Probably 50K of that was at Second Chance on buzzguns alone.

I got to be close to 750K...I did nearly 200,000 in the first three years alone (thank you SDPD for the unofficial ammo sponsorship) and I started in '92. Current classification A limited, B lim-10 and open (can you tell I only shoot iron sights?).

Edited by carinab

Oh NO!

IM over 1,000,000 with a mix of guns. started competting at small shoots in 1990. Rev & Auto

M class in Sporting Clay, A in IPSC , B in ICORE, Open in Sportsman's Team Challenge, & would like to be, Steel Challenge. shot out at least four barrels with minor loads. wor out more than a three shotguns two of them over & unders. with light loads.

I did the math $ on the cost to move up in Sportsman's Team Challenge shooting . I don't wont say,

Voted less than 500,000. But that could be high.

In his day Pops was quite the target shooter and early single stage reloader. Mom talks about him ruining her pots melting to cast up lead bullets back in the sixties!!! He dealt/traded lots when I was a kid. I shot alot but who know how many rounds. If you count .22's in my old Ithica lever action I'm probably pretty high. As a pre-teen I was the shjt down the railroad tracks!!! Chipmunks at 50 yards open sights baby... Dropped a few thou down the range with select fire. Shot lots my second year in IPSC.

What a long strange trip it's been!!!

I guessed a little of a milion rounds. Not good, just old. Had three years in the military M2 caliber 50, M60, even got the grease guns before the Army decided that they did not want them anymore. And then the M16's and 45's. Not to mentions the buckets of 22's. Started shooting a thng called Combat Pistol in 1975, ain't quit yet. :)