Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shooting PC bullets(purple kings?) through a comp?

nxfedlt1

If you like them for limited I personally would Give them a try. I thought about trying them before just for kicks and having purple bullets. Since they’re in stock it sounds like a decent excuse to try some. You’ve had good experiences with them though? No leading in your limited gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just recieved 6000 of them.
Havent got a chance to use them yet.

They are harder then most other coated bullets. 21 vs 18 or 16.

I forget what they are rated for, but I think it was over 2000 fps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Keep us updated I Was looking for info on these 

8 hours ago, 223to45 said:

Just recieved 6000 of them.
Havent got a chance to use them yet.

They are harder then most other coated bullets. 21 vs 18 or 16.

I forget what they are rated for, but I think it was over 2000 fps.

Keep us updated I Was looking for info on these.How long did they take to ship?

Roger's bullet have several advantages over other coated bullets.  First, the proprietary coating does not smell when fired, unlike Hi-Tek.  Second, it smokes less when used with Titegroup.  Third, they are more accurate than Acme, J-Ames and similar bullets.  They are not more accurate the Precision coated bullets.

Purple bullets WILL lead your comp.  I don't know of anyone shooting them for major; however, I know several who shoot the over WAC for minor (145-150 PF) for steel challenge.  They acknowledge comp leading, but don't care.  All of them are shooting STI DVC Steel Open pistols.  Don't know if that makes any difference or not.  I briefly considered using them, because they are cheaper than the JHPs I shoot and King's is only 20 minutes from my house.  I decided not to, because I Hate cleaning lead out of comps.  I have 10,000 JHPs through my newest Open gun and I can still see the machining marks on the bottom of the comp ports.

All that being said, if they were the only bullets I could buy, I'd use them and live with the leading.

Was going to try a box of 500 before I place a larger order to see  how they worked. But $20 shipping charge is ridiculous. Many others with more reasonable or free shipping. Generally if shipping is not free around $8-9 shipped for this size box in a priority mail small box.

Just as a side note I have been shooting another brand of polymer coated bullets thru my PCC with Titegroup with no leading at all at the comp. Did notice a little carbon build up, but that is it after about 5K rounds. I am experimenting with the same polymer coated bullets in my open major gun this weekend loaded with HS6 making about 170PF. Will see if they lead the comp. I have tried several other coated brands in the past for major and had considerable leading in comp with them. 

gerritm 

Edited by gerritm
Add info

2 hours ago, gerritm said:

Was going to try a box of 500 before I place a larger order to see  how they worked. But $20 shipping charge is ridiculous. Many others with more reasonable or free shipping. Generally if shipping is not free around $8-9 shipped for this size box in a priority mail small box.

Just as a side note I have been shooting another brand of polymer coated bullets thru my PCC with Titegroup with no leading at all at the comp. Did notice a little carbon build up, but that is it after about 5K rounds. I am experimenting with the same polymer coated bullets in my open major gun this weekend loaded with HS6 making about 170PF. Will see if they lead the comp. I have tried several other coated brands in the past for major and had considerable leading in comp with them. 

gerritm 

Definitely let us know how that goes and which one it is. I load the same powder and PF so I’m curious. Thanks.

Keep us updated I Was looking for info on these 
Keep us updated I Was looking for info on these.How long did they take to ship?
Took a few days before they left the warehouse. And a few days to reach west coast.

Thanks probably order some to get me through till my blue bullets ship.  
Also you could check out Summer Enterprises, have really good luck with those too. Pricing a little better. And last I looked had tons in stock.

Only issue was my recent packages got stuck in Memphis for 3 weeks.

Also you could check out Summer Enterprises, have really good luck with those too. Pricing a little better. And last I looked had tons in stock.

Only issue was my recent packages got stuck in Memphis for 3 weeks.

They are no longer taking orders a1d0ed8dd79f64200892b9595bc67f78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang just noticed the shipping charge 20.00 to ship 500 Think I’ll pass not going to order a whole case before trying,Been there done that recently with every manufacturer running full bore sometimes QC  gets overlooked. 

I understand the hesitation to buy a large quantity of anyone's bullets sight unseen, or by recommendation.  I have 1000 Summers Enterprises bullets that are not fully coated with Hi-Tek.  I had 1500 J-Ames bullets that absolutely sucked.  I gave most of them away.  I still have about 500 Acme bullets left that are not up to my accuracy standards.  I'm using them up in practice rounds.

I cannot give anyone a guarantee, obviously.  That said Roger makes excellent bullets.  I've shot thousands of them, mostly lubed lead, but a lot of the PC bullets.  They are good.  Since they are local you see dozens of shooters using them at matches.  No one complains.  Roger sponsors a local team composed of two GMs and a bunch of Ms.  They all use the PC bullets.  One of my shooting buddies ran out and picked up several bulk packs of 9mm 124gr earlier this year.  14,000 bullets at one time.  He would not have bought that many if he didn't like them.

FWIW, Roger supplied my home club with several boxes of 9mm, 40 and 45 ammo for testing.  The club buys factory ammo to sell to members who do not reload.  Roger wanted them to buy his reman ammo.  The CRO asked several action shooters and bullseye shooters to test the ammo.  I tested 9mm and 40.  All of it shot fine.  They were clean, not smokey and accurate.  As a result, the club now buys his reman PC ammo for resale.

This club does not allow plated or jacketed on steel.  I liked the 9mm so much I buy his 115gr (really soft) for steel that only has to be rung, and his 147 for knock down.  It saves reloading a special round for those matches.

Because of the way they are packaged they only ship in $20 Priority mail boxes.  Next time I see Roger I'll suggest he offer sample packs.  He can easily fit 110 or 200 into a small flat rate box.

Added later:  Roger was out so I talked to Pat.  She said they had offered sample packs in the past and they went nowhere.  She also said they had moved the bullet making setup to temporary quarters because of Covid, and there was no way they could repackage bullets there.  She is going to talk to the team and see what can be done quickly. 

Edited by zzt

Would like to try them for sure, but would need to test them before ordering any kind of large quantity. Every gun is different depending on powder, primer, etc. Have no problem with the $20 shipping for the large box, but that is steep for a small priority mail box with 500-1K that I get from several others either with free shipping or right around $9. I always buy at least 500 for my tests, due to us trying them in several different guns. Small sample packs don't cut it.

gerritm

Would like to try them for sure, but would need to test them before ordering any kind of large quantity. Every gun is different depending on powder, primer, etc. Have no problem with the $20 shipping for the large box, but that is steep for a small priority mail box with 500-1K that I get from several others either with free shipping or right around $9. I always buy at least 500 for my tests, due to us trying them in several different guns. Small sample packs don't cut it.

gerritm
Well they only offer one size box. So shipping is the same , If you order 500 or 3000.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:23 AM, 223to45 said:

Well they only offer one size box. So shipping is the same , If you order 500 or 3000.

Yarp. I rolled the dice on 2k 230gr .45's because the shipping is the same across the board. I've heard good things from a few local shooters that I trust and, honestly, all the coated bullet brands I've used aren't THAT different from each other. King's said they were in stock when I placed the order but they haven't shipped yet. Having said that, it was only a week ago, and they'll still be faster than everyone else if they go out any time soon, lol.

4 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Yarp. I rolled the dice on 2k 230gr .45's because the shipping is the same across the board. I've heard good things from a few local shooters that I trust and, honestly, all the coated bullet brands I've used aren't THAT different from each other. King's said they were in stock when I placed the order but they haven't shipped yet. Having said that, it was only a week ago, and they'll still be faster than everyone else if they go out any time soon, lol.

I think you will be satisfied.  I shot their 200 and 185gr for years on my bullseye gun.  I also shot their 155, 165 and 180 bullets in my Limited Gun.  All were great except for the 155s.  That gun didn't like 155s from anybody.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been shooting PC Bullets for years. Every now and then I stray because of good deals, bit keep going back since they are local to me. You can't go wrong with them. Might not be the cheapest out there, but the lead underneath the polymer is one of the hardest out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

On 9/16/2020 at 12:27 PM, gng4life said:

Definitely let us know how that goes and which one it is. I load the same powder and PF so I’m curious. Thanks.

I have shot about 300 rounds of those polymer coated 124gr RN .356 diameter with 7.8grs of HS6 at 1.15OAL thru my open CK Arms Hardcore with 3 popple holes. I have not chronoed these, but my normal power factor is about 174. Saw no decrease in accuracy. Dot felt the same.

Saw a very light coat of lead in the comp, but no actual build up. Been checking after each match. I did run 150 rounds of MG JHP 124's at the last match when I ran out. I have loaded up another 300 and will run them and keep checking. 

These are the same we are running with Titegroup in 2 different PCC's for minor with no leading in the comps.

gerritm