Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 Trigger Work

Flea

I have the Gen 4 and am not a gunsmith. Did my first trigger job. Pull was 5+ lbs before any work. I took some 2000 grit sandpaper to the usual surfaces every one says to work over a bit. Then took a Dremel and Flitz to polish all the areas. 

Put the gun back together and now the pull is 7+ lbs. 

Any suggestions on where to look for the cause of a worse pull?

I have worked on more than 100 Glocks and never had one with a heavier pull afterward.

Take it to a Glock Armorer and let him/her fix it.

A friend brought me a like new Gen 5 Glock recently that Bubba had worked on and the trigger pull weight was 8#.

This was going to a range gun only so when I returned it to him the trigger pull was 2# 10 oz.

13 hours ago, AHI said:

connector is not installed correctly.( you bent it)

I'll look. If the firing pin and firing pin safety move "normally" and the connector wasn't bent, any other suggestions?

19 hours ago, JBP55 said:

This was going to a range gun only so when I returned it to him the trigger pull was 2# 10 oz.

i'd appreciate you sharing your tips and tricks!  i just put the three zev springs and a ghost 3.5 connector in my g31 and the pull went only from 5.5 to 5, i'd certainly like better!

6 hours ago, Flea said:

I'll look. If the firing pin and firing pin safety move "normally" and the connector wasn't bent, any other suggestions?

not sure how much it matters, but check the spring beside the connector at the back of the trigger bar to ensure it's not installed upside down or it got sideways.

2 hours ago, davsco said:

i'd appreciate you sharing your tips and tricks!  i just put the three zev springs and a ghost 3.5 connector in my g31 and the pull went only from 5.5 to 5, i'd certainly like better!

A 4.5# FPS and a minus connector alone should have reduced your trigger pull weight to approximately 4# which is considered light for a Carry Pistol.

What I do depends on what the owner wants and how the pistol is going to be used. Range Only or Carry.

Some just want a smoother trigger with a slightly reduced pull weight. Polishing all trigger components improves this feel.

For Professional advise talk to someone like Charlie Vanek or Johnny Glocks. Both will talk to you and give you solid advise.

17 hours ago, davsco said:

not sure how much it matters, but check the spring beside the connector at the back of the trigger bar to ensure it's not installed upside down or it got sideways.

Yeah, check this before you do anything else. It's easy to put this spring in "crooked".

1 hour ago, lgh said:

Yeah, check this before you do anything else. It's easy to put this spring in "crooked".

People say it needs to be in an "S" configuration. If the end that attaches to the housing is facing down, then the end attached to the trigger bar arm needs to face up. Is that correct?

4 hours ago, gaj529 said:

I did the same thing to my 17.  I guess I warped the connector while using a dremel to polish it.  Replaced the connector and it was instantly back to normal.  

Good to know you fixed the problem by mere replacing it. But the connector is a hard spring material that I doubt it can be warped or bent by just polishing it.

3 minutes ago, BoyGlock said:

Good to know you fixed the problem by mere replacing it. But the connector is a hard spring material that I doubt it can be warped or bent by just polishing it.

You could be right.  That's just what a Glock armorer told me so I considered it the truth.  Maybe he didn't know and just got lucky by replacing it?

4 hours ago, Southpaw said:

When you install trigger bar into trigger mechanism housing be sure trigger spring stays centered like pictured and doesn't twist to the side like this:

trigger-spring-wrong-png.576262

Got it now. Thanks.

2 hours ago, gaj529 said:

You could be right.  That's just what a Glock armorer told me so I considered it the truth.  Maybe he didn't know and just got lucky by replacing it?

I would think if it got hot enough it could warp every so slightly, just enough to impact the trigger pull.