Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What dies do you use ?

In my 750 I use Redding  and lee. I use the lee factory crimp and a bulge buster And a Redding seat die. I do see all these pictures of these red, blue , gold dies that don’t look like what I am using. What are those and who is using them? 

Edited by Bmans45

The red and blue ones are most likely Mighty Armory decappers and/or hold down dies and the gold ones FW Arms decappers and/or hold down dies.

These are what I use.

MA_FW.jpg

Edited by RGA

Same, I use mostly Dillon on my 1050 and 550... exceptions are a lee taper crimp die for 38spl target rounds when using coated bullets with no crimp ring/cannelure, and Lyman M-Die when processing brass.  But otherwise, Dillon dies have done the job.  I tried the Redding micrometer seating/crimp dies for a bit, but for what I load on the 1050 found them unnecessary and not worth the extra cost.  I do use Forster Micrometer dies on the coax, however.

• 1 month later...
Two 550's here, run setups for 9, .45, 357 mag and 38 spl. Use Dillons and also Lee die sets. 9 and 45 have lee undersize die as first step.

I didn’t know lee made a U die in 9mm. Why do you need it? For brass from open 9mm Guns? Or Glocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Cuz said:

I didn’t know lee made a U die in 9mm. Why do you need it? For brass from open 9mm Guns? Or Glocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually LEE makes the EGW Udie for EGW as well.

The Udie in very general terms is the best fix for bullet setback. I have used one in 9mm for ten years now. I found that certain bullets with certain brass would easily push into the case by hand. 

Edited by Sarge

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 12:46 PM, RGA said:

The red and blue ones are most likely Mighty Armory decappers and/or hold down dies and the gold ones FW Arms decappers and/or hold down dies.

These are what I use.

MA_FW.jpg

This is a nice setup, can you walk through it in detail. I’ve always used Dillon, RCBS, REDDING, Lee, but never those.

Haven’t seen these on their website either.

On 11/13/2020 at 5:53 AM, Taves said:

This is a nice setup, can you walk through it in detail. I’ve always used Dillon, RCBS, REDDING, Lee, but never those.

Haven’t seen these on their website either.

Those are all decappers I placed on the toolhead for the picture.