Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

guys dumping their Gen4s?

bababoris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m less than impressed with the trigger in my 19.5. Stacks badly, the wall is more like a foothill. My favorite Glock I’ve ever had was a 34.4 with a DK trigger. If it was an MOS, I would have kept it.

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

I’m less than impressed with the trigger in my 19.5. Stacks badly, the wall is more like a foothill. My favorite Glock I’ve ever had was a 34.4 with a DK trigger. If it was an MOS, I would have kept it.

Have you tried adding a minus connector and 4.5lb striker spring?

That’s all I’ve done to my 34.5 and it was a huge improvement. 

Then again, I’ve only got about 1,000 rounds through a 22.4 and 34.5 total to compare things to. 

13 hours ago, OPENB said:

I’m less than impressed with the trigger in my 19.5. Stacks badly, the wall is more like a foothill.

I love my Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS . it is great trigger, Right at 4 1/2 maybe 5 lb got a nice reset too. I plan to leave it this way because it is also my carry gun.

But that said I'm a little confused about the gen-5 Glock 19's. Because I have seen a Gen 5 Glock 19 the only had rear serrations and no finger grooves, and I've also seen the Gen 5 Glock 19 with front and rear serrations and finger grooves. My gun has front and rear serrations and no finger grooves

1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

I love my Gen 5 Glock 19 MOS . it is great trigger, Right at 4 1/2 maybe 5 lb got a nice reset too. I plan to leave it this way because it is also my carry gun.

But that said I'm a little confused about the gen-5 Glock 19's. Because I have seen a Gen 5 Glock 19 the only had rear serrations and no finger grooves, and I've also seen the Gen 5 Glock 19 with front and rear serrations and finger grooves. My gun has front and rear serrations and no finger grooves

Post a picture of any Gen 5 Glock with finger grooves.

I have been into Glocks for 21 years or so.  I never cared for the Gen 4 guns as much.  I just got my second Gen 5, a 19 MOS and I have a Gen 5 35 also.  I think the Gen 5 are hands down the best glocks of all, accurate with great triggers.  

1 hour ago, 12glocks said:

I have been into Glocks for 21 years or so.  I never cared for the Gen 4 guns as much.  I just got my second Gen 5, a 19 MOS and I have a Gen 5 35 also.  I think the Gen 5 are hands down the best glocks of all, accurate with great triggers.  

They’re making G35 Gen 5 now? I wouldn’t mind using that to shoot in limited every once in a while 

14 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

Sorry that was a typo, I meant G34..

Oh, I got excited for a little bit haha I really hope they add some more guns to the Gen 5 line 

14 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Early Gen 5s had no front slide serrations and a half moon cutout on bottom of frontstrap.  Then Glock updated them and now all have front serrations and no cutout.

2 hours ago, Eli_a said:

Oh, I got excited for a little bit haha I really hope they add some more guns to the Gen 5 line 

.40 Gen 5s are coming soon, and then the .40 Gen 4s will also get discontinued.  Glock is starting with the 22/23/27 though, not sure when 35 Gen 5 will come out.

Interesting thread.

My gen 4 G17 was my first polymer striker pistol.  I got the gen 4 because it was the one they had in the gun shop at the time.  I like it a lot and shoot it a lot.

Is selling the gen 4 and moving to gen 5 something I should do if for no other reason than to stay on the latest version?  Id that considered the "normal" thing to do with Glocks?

I presume aftermarket parts will be around for a really long time, but I don't want to get caught 5 years from now if something breaks and I have to pay a fortune for parts...

9 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

Interesting thread.

My gen 4 G17 was my first polymer striker pistol.  I got the gen 4 because it was the one they had in the gun shop at the time.  I like it a lot and shoot it a lot.

Is selling the gen 4 and moving to gen 5 something I should do if for no other reason than to stay on the latest version?  Id that considered the "normal" thing to do with Glocks?

I presume aftermarket parts will be around for a really long time, but I don't want to get caught 5 years from now if something breaks and I have to pay a fortune for parts...

Most of the parts on the Gen4 are interchangeable with the Gen3, and due to states like California they don't seem to be going away any time soon.  I wouldn't worry too much about parts availability, who knows what Gen Glock will be on in 5 years anyways?  If you want a Gen5, get a Gen5 but your Gen4 is not some obsolete relic now.

4 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Interesting thread.

I don't think you need to sell.  I basically skipped the Gen 4 guns.  I still have my old Glocks.  I have sold a few through the years like a 24 I never used.  I do like the Gen 5 guns the best but I shot a gen 3 last Saturday in a match, mostly because I want to put a dot on my Gen 5 G34 MOS.

4 hours ago, cjmill87 said:

Most of the parts on the Gen4 are interchangeable with the Gen3, and due to states like California they don't seem to be going away any time soon.  I wouldn't worry too much about parts availability, who knows what Gen Glock will be on in 5 years anyways?  If you want a Gen5, get a Gen5 but your Gen4 is not some obsolete relic now.

39 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

I don't think you need to sell.  I basically skipped the Gen 4 guns.  I still have my old Glocks.  I have sold a few through the years like a 24 I never used.  I do like the Gen 5 guns the best but I shot a gen 3 last Saturday in a match, mostly because I want to put a dot on my Gen 5 G34 MOS.

Glad to hear it.

I really like the way this one shoots so I'm not going to replace it unless it stops working properly.

Edited by 124gr9mm

I love my Gen 5 model 19 MOS, but mine does not have the half moon cut out at the bottom of the grip and I could have used it last Sunday at IDPA match when a little magazine stuck and it was kind of a b**** to get out.

2 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

I love my Gen 5 model 19 MOS, but mine does not have the half moon cut out at the bottom of the grip and I could have used it last Sunday at IDPA match when a little magazine stuck and it was kind of a b**** to get out.

Cut one in it :)

2 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

What is "a little magazine"? OEM or aftermarket?

27 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

Cut one in it :)

It is not outside the realm of possibilities. But first I'll just try the 10% extra power Springs. It's only a problem with the actual Glock 19 mags if I'm using the 17 mags with the plus six base pads is not a problem