Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended slide release X5 Legion?


NCJammer
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know of an extended slide release for the X5 Legion? I can’t quite reach it without breaking my grip. Seems like they should have put that little part that sticks out on the rear of the release instead of the front like the Glock 34.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SIG has two profiles, one they call "extended".
The larger of two works well on the X-grip.
 
A Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.25"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.29"
  • The extended slide catch lever sticks out 0.04" farther than the regular slide catch lever
B Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.12"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.20"
  • The extended slide catch lever has a 0.18" wider thumb lever
C Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.43"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.47"
  • The extended slide catch lever has a 0.04" longer thumb lever

Screen Shot 04-26-20 at 09.27 AM.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DirectDrive said:
SIG has two profiles, one they call "extended".
The larger of two works well on the X-grip.
 
A Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.25"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.29"
  • The extended slide catch lever sticks out 0.04" farther than the regular slide catch lever
B Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.12"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.20"
  • The extended slide catch lever has a 0.18" wider thumb lever
C Dimension:
  • Regular Slide Catch:  0.43"
  • Extended Slide Catch:  0.47"
  • The extended slide catch lever has a 0.04" longer thumb lever

Screen Shot 04-26-20 at 09.27 AM.PNG


the legion comes with the larger one by default...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Rich406 said:


the legion comes with the larger one by default...

If the OP already has the larger lever, then someone like The Sig Armorer who can micro-weld, may be able to fabricate a true extended P320 Slide Catch Lever.

Maybe there's an aftermarket extended lever, but I have not seen one.

There was an early design that looks like it shortens reach some...

Screen-Shot-05-10-20-at-10-14-AM.png

Maybe the Mothership still has some around ?

 

 

Edited by DirectDrive
pic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t remeber the last time I had to actually manually operate the slide stop during a reload with the slide locked back. It actuates every time I insert a mag when in slide lock with medium to hard force. Maybe I lucked out with my X5 Legions and this is not common.  You might want to try that before modifying th current slide stop, unless you have another need to be able to operate it without breaking your grip. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I can’t remeber the last time I had to actually manually operate the slide stop during a reload with the slide locked back. It actuates every time I insert a mag when in slide lock with medium to hard force. Maybe I lucked out with my X5 Legions and this is not common.  You might want to try that before modifying th current slide stop, unless you have another need to be able to operate it without breaking your grip. 

Slide lock reload not advised with P320.

You will eventually break your ejector.

And the ejector is part of the FCU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DirectDrive said:

Slide lock reload not advised with P320.

You will eventually break your ejector.

And the ejector is part of the FCU.

 

Thanks, good to know, but in competition although rare I’m not going to gently insert the mag to prevent that condition. It does not take much force on the reload to create that condition. I will have to do some home work. It looks like you can’t simply replace the ejector. 

Edited by Boomstick303
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2020 at 1:15 AM, DirectDrive said:

Slide lock reload not advised with P320.

You will eventually break your ejector.

And the ejector is part of the FCU.

 

How does a slide lock reload (releasing the slide lock to chamber a round after a mag change) effect the ejector?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2020 at 2:56 AM, NCJammer said:

Does anyone know of an extended slide release for the X5 Legion? I can’t quite reach it without breaking my grip. Seems like they should have put that little part that sticks out on the rear of the release instead of the front like the Glock 34.

 

What about bending the tab upward a little to make it stick out a but farther from the frame?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BobRockefeller said:

 

How does a slide lock reload (releasing the slide lock to chamber a round after a mag change) effect the ejector?

Your definition of "Slide Lock Reload" is incorrect.

A slide lock reload is slamming a loaded mag into a pistol that is in the "slide lock position".

If slammed hard enough into some pistols, the slide automatically closes.

That is a Slide Lock Reload.

 

Google it.

You'll find the reports of broken ejectors from slide lock reloads.

First the ejector starts bending and then after a few cycles of being "bent back", they break.

 

ETA:

This is in the P320 design.

Some pistols are immune from damage.

 

 

 

Edited by DirectDrive
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your definition of "Slide Lock Reload" is incorrect.
A slide lock reload is slamming a loaded mag into a pistol that is in the "slide lock position".
If slammed hard enough into some pistols, the slide automatically closes.
That is a Slide Lock Reload.
 
Google it.
You'll find the reports of broken ejectors from slide lock reloads.
First the ejector starts bending and then after a few cycles of being "bent back", they break.
 
ETA:
This is in the P320 design.
Some pistols are immune from damage.
 
 
 
My x5 had quite the habit of closing itself when I was reloading in a hurry. Fortunately never had the extractor break on me.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My M&P Pro CORE auto-forwarded from slide lock so consistently that I had started to depend upon it.

Had to relearn to hit the slide release on my X5.

My X5 will occasionally auto-forward but nothing like the M&P.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...