Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A 1050 or 1100 requires less effort than a 550/650/750?

I feel like I've read this somewhere, but I can't find the reference again

With my jacked up shoulders and right elbow, I'm considering picking up an 1100.  Just wondering how much less effort it might be.

my 1050 takes  less than half the effort to size than my 550.

and after 2 back operations and waiting on the third the 1050 

is a lot easier to operate.

My 1050 is much easier than my 550.  Especially the little shove at the end of the stroke on the 550 to prime cases.  

USE LUBE!  My girlfriend, and my wife both say the same thing!  Just kidding, my wife only uses lube when she's sizing rifle cases.

Hornady One Shot is so-so on pistol cases, not so good for rifle cases.  My favorite is Sharp Shoot R Royal Case Sizing lube.  Works very well, smells good and leaves your hands baby soft.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012981131

Nolan

8 hours ago, wdfwguy said:

I feel like I've read this somewhere, but I can't find the reference again

With my jacked up shoulders and right elbow, I'm considering picking up an 1100.  Just wondering how much less effort it might be.

Autodrive is way to go here.

Most of the force on the down stroke of the rl1100 is the sizing and swaging stations.

You have extra stations all working on the same stroke on the RL 1100. If you processed brass before loading it on the RL1100 you could really get the force required down.

The 550/750 doesn’t swage so your not doing that on the stroke.

I use one shot on all of my cases.

The RL1100 is an awesome loader and I’m very happy with my purchase. I just wouldn’t justify it based on because it’s less force to pull the handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, I do not swage and it has never caused a problem with my 1050.

I use the first station for normal sizing and the second for undersizing my 40 brass.

Lube lube and lube is the key for a very smooth and easy operation.

I can do enough ammo for a match in about 10 minutes and have loaded a few thousand rounds at a time.

Know the height you want for ease of operation.  I can stand or use a bar stool.

I used a friend's 650 and hated the priming stroke.  I got the 1050 and never regretted the purchase--well maybe since I did not buy a second one.

I load 9, 40, and 45 plus .223. I used a super swage for my 223, an additional tool head dedicated to trimming.

I purchased different tool heads for each caliber and although not as simple as a 650, changing calibers is really pretty simple and straight forward.