Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XTG Module

thehudge

I have a P320rx with an X5 grip module and was thikng about the XTG module. I will be using it to shoot Carry Optics division in USPSA. Any reviews? I would not be able to use the extended mag well, so I would like to gather information to see if its worth it for me to try?  

Thank You

30 minutes ago, thehudge said:

I was hoping to hear from someone who has done it.  Their reactions/opinion would be very helpful.

Thanks for the replies so far. 

I have one I am using in my regular X5. The plastic is noticeable softer than a regular module. At first I had one mag out of the 8 I use stick when I hit the mag release. After use and dry fire, I don’t get that anymore. I’m still playing with going between the tungsten guide rod and steel. I think the steel might be better with multiple shot dot tracking for me. I wouldn’t want the X5 to be any heavier with minor ammo.   I superglued and heat gunned grip tape to the module. I haven’t had any issues with the grip tape moving around. Overall I like the way it feels while shooting. I would get a grey guns trigger or back up gun before getting the XTG. 

2 hours ago, thehudge said:

Already have a trigger job with a flat trigger, but what do you mean by (buy) a back up gun?

I’m just saying if you need anything else I would prioritize the XTG module as last. It’s nice, it’s not the end all. Granted, this is my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Manwithnoname said:

I’m just saying if you need anything else I would prioritize the XTG module as last. It’s nice, it’s not the end all. Granted, this is my opinion.

I have the Legion, and I agree.  Not sure the weight is that big of a deal.  

Soft ammo and being sprung right along with a nice crisp trigger (not necessarily super light pull) is more important in my opinion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Agree also - I put one on my X5 and while I really like the results - there are better $200 improvements that one can make as mentioned above... will continue to use the grip unit as I like the overall feel of it better than the standard X5 grip...

On March 5, 2020 at 8:12 PM, thehudge said:

I have a P320rx with an X5 grip module and was thikng about the XTG module. I will be using it to shoot Carry Optics division in USPSA. Any reviews? I would not be able to use the extended mag well, so I would like to gather information to see if its worth it for me to try?  

Thank You

I have a P320rx with an X5 grip. Then I got an X5Legion. I liked the Legion better right off the bat. I liked the additional weight mostly. However, twice I've had to switch to the RX in a match. I was worried since I only practice with the Legion. But, both times, I was very surprised that it didn't matter. Although I could feel the weight difference, they shot the same. I can't say it made a bit of difference in the match.

That said, if I didn't have the Legion, I would have put the XTG grip on the RX. Just  because I like to fiddle. So...

I have the Legion grip module on my previous gen X5.  Weight feels great, but I like a super tacky/grippy grip, so I have some Talon sandpaper grips on it.

For me, I can feel a difference, but as most said, it is probably not a necessity.  You can play with guide rods and recoil spring weights and master you grip for a lot cheaper, THEN if you must, buy the grip module.

I'm a tinkerer, so I figured I'd play around with the module and see what all the fuss is about!  lol

On 3/15/2020 at 3:06 PM, thehudge said:

Thanks for the feedback, I got it and installed it and will go shoot it tomorrow. 

I feels very good in the hand. 

whats your opinion. I am very interested as I have the X5 and wondering if I  should invest in the module..

I put the xtg on a standard X5.  Was well worth the cost imo.  So much smoother and softer feeling.  I really like balance of the gun with the heavy grip.  Just my opinion of course but for me it was a good decision.  

2 non legion x-5s one with the tungsten module.

Both have grayguns trigger kits in them and SS guide rods.

On the timer I split and transition them the same.

But

the TXG grip is more forgiving if I get lazy with my grip and I like the "feel" of it better

FWIW

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received the grip module today and so far I like it quite a bit better than the X5 module. I find the grip to be slightly larger and fits my hand just a little better. It 

also has amuch better grip surface

I got to say this thing with a fully loaded magazine (dummy rounds) is a tank, but I like that as it is almost the exact same weight as my 627 V comp revolver.

• 2 weeks later...