Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC zero - What Yard Zero?

We have some sadists in AZ.  A few matches had a small (golf ball size) you knock off an activator. Hit the activator and all goes to hell.  So be spot on a 10-15 is a must.  

I notice that to shoot hanging plates at 60 yards, I aim low at the bottom of the plate.  I went 18 for 18 at the last match with this POA.

On Polish type plate racks-I just center the plate in the circle .

Holsun 510 on a JP and factory 115 ammo.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the longest shot I take at the matches I shoot is 35 yards, I zero for 20 yards.  I also use a 6moa dot for my USPSA PCC and a 12moa dot for my Steel Challenge PCC.  

For USPSA, the distance doesn't really affect my holds at closer distances.  I also tested my dot on 8" round plate from 15-20 yards so I know where my dot hits and what I need to hit the plate with the dot covering different parts of the plate.  (If that makes sense?)

On 7/28/2020 at 3:18 PM, Boomstick303 said:

Agreed, but you still have to make sure you stuff works out that far if you have to shoot that far.  You don't show up to Nationals with a 15-20 yd zero and "Hope" you stuff connects at 60-75 yds with accuracy.  Hence the reason for a 75 yd zero.  You then shoot that zero year round so you aren't changing stuff for 1-2 competitions a year.  At least that's my humble opinion.

Yes, that was my point

• 2 years later...

Mine are zeroed at 7yds (115gr). This gives me a fairly flat and predictable trajectory out to just under 100yds. I don’t shoot multi gun with my PCCs so I don’t really care about drop past that distance. YMMV.

(middle arc)

IMG_1785.jpeg