Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P365 For CCW

LawDog324

Well, I just ordered a P365 Nitron with 2 10 round mags, from Sportsman Warehouse as they sent me a code for $100.00 off saving. I had been looking at the P365 SAS for concealed carry but even with my LE discount it was $106 higher cost before shipping and FFL fees and with the night sites on this one I'm thinking it will be fine.

I had the opportunity to shoot a P365 just like I ordered and it handled the 115 and 124 grain loads very well. I really didn't have any trouble controlling it and I don't see a disadvantage to having the sites on it as opposed to the SAS type site. 

It is set to arrive at my local Sportsman on 12/10 and when I get to the range we'll let you know more.

Now have to shop for a holster, been considering the Alien Shape Shift due to all the options it comes with. Any thought on it or others you would consider?

I prefer carrying on my right hip IWB

I have used one of these little clip holsters daily since I got my first 365 and it has worked well. The gun disappears and is versatile enough to wear it in several positions.

I think you probably did better getting the one with real sites anyway. A couple guys on my dept tried putting those FT bullseye type sites on full size guns and couldn’t even pass a qual. They work up close but are difficult to use much past 10yds or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the Techna Clip that replaces the rear slide cover? I saw that listed on Sportsman's web site, it looked interesting and certainly minimalistic.

No it’s an actual holster. Just minimalistic.

5 hours ago, kujo929 said:

No it’s an actual holster. Just minimalistic.

Sorry missed the hot link when I read it first time. If the link worked right that looked like a OWB holster. 

I'm looking for an IWB that will work on my hip if possible, not sure I want one for just appendix carry.

On 11/28/2019 at 7:43 PM, kujo929 said:

Link didn’t show up right I guess. It’s one of these IWB.

18f79b7e4c8aa4f0a92f37291235d2ba.jpg

That is a good looking rig and certainly minimalistic.

I would definitely try this if I don't get a Lima laser.

I'm at the point of trying to decide on the Lima laser or just staying stock. I ordered a Sig  holster off of Amazon that convertible OWB, IWB and Left or Right handed just to make sure I had something when the  P365 arrives. Not sure it will be my go to, but for $20 it will at least be ok while I  consider the Lima.

• 2 weeks later...

Got out to the range this afternoon and ran 200 rounds thru it. Love the way it shoots, just need to work on my grip with this baby Sig. Ended up shooting a little low and left but pretty much on me not the P365

No malfunctions and checked several spent casing and only one showed any striker drag and really not that bad just barely smeared from the center.

Last twenty round were 124 gr Federal Nyclads I have left over from my LE days, talk about a tack driver with muzzle flash. Every time I pulled off a round there was a bright white halo just past the front site.

Now to find a good holster  as the Sig Ambi pretty much sucks for my use, but for $20 I really didn't expect much.

Looks like it's going to be a winner! 😎

I looked at the Vedder site and the RAPIDTUCK IWB looks interesting although a much larger holster than I had planned on trying. From what I see it would give a cushion of leather between the gun and your body. After trying the Sig Ambi, the Kydex edges can be as uncomfortable as anything else when wearing it IWB.

For those of you that have the Vedder did you get the Rapidtuck and if so which leather did you go with, the cowhide or the horsehide? 

I will be carrying in the 3-4 o'clock position as it's just what I've done for years and to late to relearn gun position at this point in life. I have used several paddle or kelp spring holsters over the years, but never had a IWB. 

Anyone else have a suggestion ?

• 2 weeks later...

LawDog - I carry almost daily (cannot carry at workplace) and I carry the Vedder Rapid tuck. I purchased the horse hide thinking it would be softer - nope - actually it is thicker and stiffer...I ended up taking saddle soap to it to help soften it. It did help some but it just took about three weeks before it finally softened up to what I imagine the cowhide would feel like from the start because the cow hide is also a little thinner...This is not the holster to get if you are overweight as it will not ride comfortably. I know because after losing a well needed 40lbs it fits and rides quite nicely as compared to how it used to ride....

Two final comments -

#1 - The single clip is STRONG and works GREAT...This holster will stay where you put it...and the layer of hide between the pistol and my skin (when not wearing a tucked in t-shirt)is nice.... 

#2- I had to put my Dremel on mine because there was a small amount of horsehide that kept me from getting a really good grip on my P365 grip and also on my P365XL grip module that now resides under my P365 upper....

Other than the points mentioned above I like this holster... I will not say I love this holster  but I am really hard to please when it comes to IWB holsters.  If I had to do over again I would order the cowhide.   Here are a couple of photos and the pen is pointing to the area where I took a little horsehide off.. I took off about a 1/2” of hide from the pen down just past the first screw (yep I caught the screw head with the Dremel) ...Now I can get a great grip every time I practice my drawing and dry fire drills and when I am practicing live fire drills at the range from my holster....Mark

FD985-DAF-01-AD-402-C-9-D11-C4-DD3-CC570

07-EE7-CE0-6-AE3-4-B5-A-AC34-94-E0-EAD75

57219-B4-B-32-BF-4-F70-BAEE-9-ADFF6044-E

D0-DAACAC-B579-459-D-B7-F6-4351-A582860-

Edited by Sigarmsp226

The 365s seem to all shoot just below point of aim. I'm a little color blind, and in to the tri-focal stage of my life so I was having problems seeing the front sight with my street glasses. I replaced the front sight with a Dawsen, that's a night sight, with a white ring around it, but, is same height as stock. I think I'm eventually replace the front sight again, with a Trijiicon HD, in yellow. I have them on other carry guns, and don't have any issues seeing them.

I researched LIMA365s, because I wanted to also put a green laser on my pistol, but, there were too many negative reviews. One of the issues stated was that the LIMA rubbed against your finger, making it uncomfortable to shoot. I have Crimson Trace Laserguards on two other carry guns, and have the same issue with them, so I bought a TR27 Armalaser, which has a 5 year warranty. The first one I got wouldn't hold zero. They replaced it, and so far I'm liking it better than the Laserguards.