Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P365 For CCW

LawDog324

Thanks for the feed back on holsters, there are a lot of options to consider and I appreciate the input. 

The LGS have a very limited selection and I have ordered a few off  Amazon with my prime membership to try. One that I came across was made by Barrels & Gear, it is a Kydex  holster that has a super thin leather lining almost like suede like. This makes for a really stable snug fit with no audible sound when holstering or drawing your pistol.  It has a single belt clip that is easy to install and secure on your belt unlike some of the spring steel type clips I have tried.

I'll try to post a picture later but this may be the one.

Edited by LawDog324

After ending three decades of uniformed service, I decided I didn't really need a service sized pistol for carry anymore and adopted a P365XL with a RMSc red dot sight for CCW. My usual holster choice is a Comp-Tac MTAC. Can't complain!

I switched from a shield to a p365xl. Have always used crossbreed mini tucks so I ordered another for the sig, and wasn’t disappointed.i carry at 4 o’clock. Friend of mine had a milt sparks for his shield and I can honestly say it’s the beez kneez. Might still order one at some point but not a darn thing wrong with the crossbreed. My 2 cents

20 hours ago, Brian04rs said:

I switched from a shield to a p365xl. Have always used crossbreed mini tucks so I ordered another for the sig, and wasn’t disappointed.i carry at 4 o’clock. Friend of mine had a milt sparks for his shield and I can honestly say it’s the beez kneez. Might still order one at some point but not a darn thing wrong with the crossbreed. My 2 cents

6 hours ago, Dave C said:

Love my Milt Sparks SS2. Comfortable and secure. 

Took a look at their web site and they look very nice, something I'll have to do some more checking on. I like the leather holster but will have to say these are a little higher priced than most I have considered. 

What makes them stand out for you compared to others?

Brian, I tried one of the crossbreeds and my issue was the spring steel belt clips are right in the way when trying to grip it for a draw, maybe the position I like to carry at causes this.

10 hours ago, Dave C said:

Normally you get what you pay for in holsters. Understanding that some holster designs just don't work for some folks, a good quality leather holster will outlast the buyer.........

Oh, I understand the value of leather and I agree with you on the longevity of it. I still have most of my holsters from my LE days, they didn't even make Kydex back then. I like the look of the Milt Spark but I would want to find one in person before dropping that much on it.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:01 PM, LawDog324 said:

Took a look at their web site and they look very nice, something I'll have to do some more checking on. I like the leather holster but will have to say these are a little higher priced than most I have considered. 

What makes them stand out for you compared to others?

Brian, I tried one of the crossbreeds and my issue was the spring steel belt clips are right in the way when trying to grip it for a draw, maybe the position I like to carry at causes this.

I usually run the front clip in the top hole(deepest the front can be) and the back clip one notch down( grip a tick higher). with about an hour of some dryfire it comes out right quick. Very minimal print on that setting(I’m  a tad thinner so have printing issues with longer grips). Usually when I get one I’ll go to the garage and move it around a bunch and dryfire till I find something that feels right.

LawDog324   One holster I have used for the last 16 years of my 33 years of CC is a Comp-Tac MTAC  at 3:00 carried high on my side and the same set of polymer c-clips for the duration of those 16 years .  The holsters design for a 4 to 5 o'clock carry  but as high as I wear mine it works at 3:00  in the top clip holster . Belts an old 1.5"  jay pee double thick belts that's 25 years old .  Now if you still  have your cross breed the comp-tac C-Clips or full clip they sell may cure your belt clip issues and give you some extra adjustability , feel free to punch other holes too even them some un wanted leather away  if your find that perfect carry position .  

What I like about the MTAC is I bought it for a 1911 16 years ago but a tp40 kahr fit well  in it too  and today that old kydex body is on my wifes  MTAC leather back half  after I purchased an early run p320c  5 years ago and holsters were rather  limited  so I tried comp-tacs  p250 compact body  for the MTAC hybrid back half and over the years  its  worked well  . I notched the front of it so I could carry my wifes M&P core on occasion and if needed I tighten the tighten the tension  screws slightly for my lw commander carry's or my old s&w 669 . But changing bodies is only takes a couple minutes  if your end up buying a larger pistol that does not fit in that wittle bitty p365 set up  .     My edc is a P320c 40sw with a current compact XC grip module  but occasionally carry a M&P 4.25 40sw or a lw commander . I'm 5-9 215lb 64 year old  with a mid size spair tire and manage to cc  the p320c well under only a Carhartt Delmont  T as there cut a little fuller around the waist than most T's  plus carried high my arm aids with concealment  and keeps people from bumping in to a handgun . 

https://comp-tac.com/mtac-premier-iwb-hybrid-holster-comp-tac/

Just my 2 cents worth ! 

Kusiak leather feels good on the hip, also have a sticky and an eBay single Kydex for whatever sometimes. 

I like the gun over my Glock 43 and shoot it better than my Glock 19. I wish I could be enthusiastic about Sig as a company, I hate giving them any money at all but at least in this case they did a good job if you buy one of the improved ones and not the first production run. If Glock or M&P ever make anything competitive and it gets good reviews I'll switch but for now it's the best CCW on the market in spite of Sig's disregard for quality control and ethics. 

20190610_iphone7plus_0289 copy.jpg

Edited by Frankly

6 hours ago, Frankly said:

Kusiak leather feels good on the hip, also have a sticky and an eBay single Kydex for whatever sometimes. 

I like the gun over my Glock 43 and shoot it better than my Glock 19. I wish I could be enthusiastic about Sig as a company, I hate giving them any money at all but at least in this case they did a good job if you buy one of the improved ones and not the first production run. If Glock or M&P ever make anything competitive and it gets good reviews I'll switch but for now it's the best CCW on the market in spite of Sig's disregard for quality control and ethics. 

20190610_iphone7plus_0289 copy.jpg

Frankly - Since you seem to have little to nothing good to say about SIG let me know when you find something to replace your P365, because it reads like you will are already hoping that you can find something else and I will be happy to give you what you consider any SIG to be worth which I am guessing is almost nothing.....I am surprised you would even carry a SIG  P365 as your CCP if you think so poorly of the company...

I have two of what you call ”first runs” P365’s (bought both pistols within 30-90 days of the release) that my wife and I trust to be able to save our lives if we ever need to use one when we are away from the house....Over 2000 rounds thru mine with ZERO issues and over 800 thru my wife’s with ZERO issues....

I also have 9 other SIGS in my collection and shoot three different SIGS in competition with one bone stock P320X5 that was part of their first production run of this specific pistol that has over 9000 flawless rounds thru it and over 5000 thru another bone stock P226 SSS pistol....For me I have been very happy with my SIGS - the West German and US made  pistols and also the 556 SBR I own....If/when I had any issue a phone call was all it took to get my issue managed....

Edited by Sigarmsp226

Right now I am using a Crossbreed holster with my 365. It is a 2 clip holster. It works great but would love a more compact holster.

I really like the look of some of the single clip holsters I see in this thread. My question is, Do they stay in place? Or shift around? I am often climbing up and down ladders, in attic & crawl spaces and upside down in cabinets :). Want something that will stay where I put it.

On 1/15/2020 at 10:26 PM, robbiespratt said:

Right now I am using a Crossbreed holster with my 365. It is a 2 clip holster. It works great but would love a more compact holster.

I really like the look of some of the single clip holsters I see in this thread. My question is, Do they stay in place? Or shift around? I am often climbing up and down ladders, in attic & crawl spaces and upside down in cabinets :). Want something that will stay where I put it.

Depends on your body, where you carry and how your pants fit in my limited experience.