Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dpp vs sro vs romeo3xl durability

jeremy kemlo

5 hours ago, Zack15 said:

I’m looking at getting the honcho and running an optic on the slide, more for just a range gun, but wanted to get a good long lasting optic. I don’t know all the rules for CO in steel challenges so I don’t know if I could run it in that or not.  But thanks for the info.  

The Honcho is single action so it could not be ran in CO. With an optic that would be an open gun. 

I had at least 2k rounds on the SRO 5moa with no problems. Then during dry fire in the basement in Feb I dropped my gun practicing transfer to weak hand. The gun landed upside down on the concrete directly on the SRO lens ring. The red dot still worked but the lens was shattered but still intact. I called Trijicon and told them exactly what I did and they gave me a repair number to send it in. Well in about 2 weeks they notified me that mine was un-repairable and they were sending me a new one no charge. The new one has worked great just as the first one. Before the SRO I used the Burris Fast fire 3. The SRO is allot nicer. 

27 minutes ago, MikeNS said:

The Honcho is single action so it could not be ran in CO. With an optic that would be an open gun. 

Hahah yeah you’re right. Haha I think I’m just trying to justify buying a new gun!

I’ve got a DPP on my S2 OR with about 35k rounds on it without any issues. I’ve got 2 SROs - 1 on an A01LD and another on an open gun. The A01LD has about 12k on it and the other has around 25k. One was replaced early on due to a manufacturing defect but no other problems with either since. 

I recently put a Romeo 3XL on a new open gun. If it holds up as good as the DPP, it will be the dot going on any new guns going forward. The overall package of the 3XL is the best out of the three dots that I’ve used on my pistols thus far.

16 hours ago, Hooked said:

I’ve got a DPP on my S2 OR with about 35k rounds on it without any issues.

You might hold the record.  None of mine lasted more than 7k without a visit back to the Leupold.  

1 hour ago, KlausN said:

what tipped the scale between the Sig Max and the SRO for me was that the SRO is made in the USA. 

Agree.  While I won't buy American made junk just because it's made here, there are fortunately still many quality products made here (by my definition, not the FTC's) and I seek them out.

I will buy foreign made goods when I can't find what I want made here, but China is definitely not on the list

I had a V1 507c mounted on my p10c for about 2k rounds, then moved over to my SP01 w/ CZC multi cut plate. After about 3k on that gun, the brightness down button felt like it had come completely disconnected from the internal workings, and stopped functioning. Sent it in for warranty last week and am now waiting to hear back. If the replacement dies on the SP01, whatever they send to me after that will live on the P10 and ill be picking up an SRO for the SP01.