Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Genesis Arms Shotguns

dwzuspsa

I'm running a Dissident KL12 instead, but my gun hates the fiocci slugs as well, but not for extraction reasons rather the mushy soft hull that extends so far past the slug, it'll get ovaled from being stacked in a magazine 'sideways' and wont fit into the chamber.  love them in tube guns though. 

my box fed go to for slugs is federal low recoil, the hull is hard enough to live in a 20 round stack and still chamber and they shoot consistently in my experience. the hornady low recoil are pretty similar as well. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Quick update - These low recoil slugs are good to go in the GEN-12.   All 10 rds went into the MGM B/C steel at 100 yds while being supported off a metal fence post so I didn't even look at the grouping.

BTW, the Swampfox Kingslayer is still alive and well.  I also like the 5-rds magazine much better for fast swapping of loads so will have to order a couple more.     

508024917_XTremeLowRecoil.jpg.8969e838d16bd97732e2a33fd2d6c068.jpg

https://www.freedommunitions.com/12-ga-2-3-4-x-treme-slug-reduced-recoil-plain-lead.html

Edited by PacMan

2 hours ago, PacMan said:

Quick update - These low recoil slugs are good to go in the GEN-12.   All 10 rds went into the MGM B/C steel at 100 yds while being supported off a metal fence post so I didn't even look at the grouping.

BTW, the Swampfox Kingslayer is still alive and well.  I also like the 5-rds magazine much better for fast swapping of loads so will have to order a couple more.     

508024917_XTremeLowRecoil.jpg.8969e838d16bd97732e2a33fd2d6c068.jpg

https://www.freedommunitions.com/12-ga-2-3-4-x-treme-slug-reduced-recoil-plain-lead.html

That's good to hear !

• 3 months later...

Well, finally picked up my GEN-12 from customs yesterday, will post pics soon, have an appointment with a gunsmith this friday so that I can get the G12 off and put on the JMAC.

Tried an assortment of locally made 24 grains, those didn't seem to have enough umpf to cycle the action, 32 grains did the trick tho, now to find some 28 grains.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, ard212 said:

Well, finally picked up my GEN-12 from customs yesterday, will post pics soon, have an appointment with a gunsmith this friday so that I can get the G12 off and put on the JMAC.

Tried an assortment of locally made 24 grains, those didn't seem to have enough umpf to cycle the action, 32 grains did the trick tho, now to find some 28 grains.

Quick correction, grams not grains, clearly this is my first shotgun.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, ard212 said:

Quick correction, grams not grains, clearly this is my first shotgun.

The comp works against (resists) the barrel reciprocating (moving back into the receiver) and that can negatively effect an otherwise very reliable shotgun.

On 7/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, P.E. Kelley said:

The comp works against (resists) the barrel reciprocating (moving back into the receiver) and that can negatively effect an otherwise very reliable shotgun.

Hmmm...I didn't think about this part.  I don't have a comp on mine yet but the 'diminishing return' effect will make me think twice before shelling out $.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:09 AM, P.E. Kelley said:

Thanks Mr Kelley ! I have been following your Instagram, it seems to me that outside from the people who work at Genesis, you might be the one person who best knows the inner workings of this thing.

Any suggestion for a good comp that might strike a nice balance between recoil reduction and reliability ? I was looking at the Howitzer70 from Hi-Tech:

http://www.hitechcc.com/product/HTC-121_VS.html

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, sheepdog566 said:

IMG_3542.thumb.jpeg.e0626c0bb5b8e0859c58164ab8d10a07.jpegAnother match completed with ZERO malfunctions. As an ex vr80 operator, I can’t tell you how ecstatic I am with my Patrick Kelly Genesis 12 with pyro magazine couplers. 

That looks sick, it's amazing what Patrick has been able to do with the Gen-12, you running the stock buffer/spring combo or some kind of hydraulic setup ?

Edited by ard212

On 7/1/2023 at 6:36 PM, sheepdog566 said:

IMG_3542.thumb.jpeg.e0626c0bb5b8e0859c58164ab8d10a07.jpegAnother match completed with ZERO malfunctions. As an ex vr80 operator, I can’t tell you how ecstatic I am with my Patrick Kelly Genesis 12 with pyro magazine couplers. 

Pretty sweet set up

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, sheepdog566 said:

Original buffer with flat spring 

Great !

I ended up installing the KynSHOT hydraulic buffer (Model RB5004 “Shorty”) and a Tubb Precision AR-10 Flatwire Buffer Spring, works great, it really does soften up the recoil, I have a Magpul enhanced mag release on the way and after that I only need Genesis to sell me a freaking flared magwell kit ! That thing has been out of stock for more than a year !

Seriously, what's the deal with the magwell kit ? I've seen it on new production units, Taran has them on that special edition model he made in collaboration with Genesis, why is it so hard to have them back in stock ? For a shotgun that's targeted to the competitive shooter, not having a flared magwell adapter available it's kinda silly, does anyone if Genesis makes that part or if they outsource it like with the mag extensions from Taylor Freelance ?

Edited by ard212

11 hours ago, ard212 said:

Great !

I ended up installing the KynSHOT hydraulic buffer (Model RB5004 “Shorty”) and a Tubb Precision AR-10 Flatwire Buffer Spring, works great, it really does soften up the recoil, I have a Magpul enhanced mag release on the way and after that I only need Genesis to sell me a freaking flared magwell kit ! That thing has been out of stock for more than a year !

Seriously, what's the deal with the magwell kit ? I've seen it on new production units, Taran has them on that special edition model he made in collaboration with Genesis, why is it so hard to have them back in stock ? For a shotgun that's targeted to the competitive shooter, not having a flared magwell adapter available it's kinda silly, does anyone if Genesis makes that part or if they outsource it like with the mag extensions from Taylor Freelance ?

Not sure they are targeting the competitive shooter. They are heavily invested in the LE and military market. PK has been working with Genesis to turn it into a sporting rifle. I got lucky on the magwell from a secondary distributor.

On 7/28/2023 at 12:19 AM, sheepdog566 said:

Not sure they are targeting the competitive shooter. They are heavily invested in the LE and military market. PK has been working with Genesis to turn it into a sporting rifle. I got lucky on the magwell from a secondary distributor.

Would you mind sharing the name of the distributor ? Thanks !

1 hour ago, ard212 said:

Would you mind sharing the name of the distributor ? Thanks !

It was a few months ago. They had one sitting around for a customer who didn’t pick it up. I’m positive they don’t have anymore

14 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

It was a few months ago. They had one sitting around for a customer who didn’t pick it up. I’m positive they don’t have anymore

Damnit ! How is it possible that in 2023 no one makes a flared magwell for a DPMS lower ?!