Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RM06 vs Burris FF3, worth the difference for offset?

So I currently run a Vortex Razor HD Gen II E as my primary optic on my competition AR.  I’m looking at adding an offset sight to complement the LPVO. My options are go with a Burris FF 3 or drop an additional $300 and get an RM06 Type 2.  Will I regret not going with the market standard in the RMR?  I don’t mind spending the money for the better quality if it’s going to make a difference, but if the FF 3 will do me just as well I assume save the money for something else (ammo/training).  Any personal experiences would be great! Thank you for your time.

Edited by greenthormx
Spelling error.

• 3 months later...

I would say its worth it. The RMR/SRO will be far more durable than anything else currently offered except maybe the new Ti holosun offerings.

I took a while to make up my mind as well as I am just switching to open. I decided that spending a bit more now to not have a dot die on me when I need it, is well well worth it.

For me, it’s worth it. I’m using a 6.5 MOA RM06 type 2 as my offset sight on my AR. My MPX uses a 9MOA dual illuminated RMR as an offset sight for hard leans.

Check out the prices at Primary Arms. They had them on sale a few weeks ago and I think they still have them on their President’s Day sale.

People rarely regret paying more money for a higher quality product. Remorse usually comes from spending money on a budget item and later wishing that you had just purchased the better one in the first place. Buy once, cry once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I like the Burris dots, but there's no question the RMR is the better choice, in my opinion. But I have a buddy that switched to the Trijicon and then went back to the Burris. Have you shot both? If you can try them out, that's obviously your best bet.

On 3/21/2020 at 2:55 PM, theautobahn said:

I like the Burris dots, but there's no question the RMR is the better choice, in my opinion. But I have a buddy that switched to the Trijicon and then went back to the Burris. Have you shot both? If you can try them out, that's obviously your best bet.

Why did he go back to the Burris?

3 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Why did he go back to the Burris?

I believe it was mostly that he thought the glass / dot was better / more clear. I'll have to double check with him now that you ask. And he has an RMR, DPP, and FFIII on various pistols, so now I'm curious.

The lens coating on the rmr causes issues with some peoples vision.

IE it a blurry mess or they can not find it at all.  But they can see the FF3

with no issues.

• 1 month later...

The window on the burris is larger and clearer and what I have mounted on a 45 offset on my open rifle. I could see going with an RMR for duty use for its toughness, but on a competition rifle I think the fastfire is more than adequate. If you're worried about hitting it when dumping the gun, you could use something like Strike Industries REX mount:

image.png.97a623e8be4330ee3b173a5d44693a8a.png

Also the Burris has a lifetime warranty. You might also want to consider the Vortex Viper or Venom, also with lifetime wararnties.

Edited by mgkrs