Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507 or 510?

hump

Hmm, I just got my 507C sight in the mail, and I like it a lot... for my pistol.  I was hoping to put it on my PCC, and I still may, but I really like the larger window on the 510.  But, I think the 65 MOA reticle is too big for my liking.  I confirmed this with my EOTech sight which has the same reticle. 

What I'd really like is the 510 sized sight and viewing area, with the 507 size reticle.  I think the 32 MOA reticle would be perfect on the 510C.  Anyone else agree?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Cuz said:

Hmm, I just got my 507C sight in the mail, and I like it a lot... for my pistol.  I was hoping to put it on my PCC, and I still may, but I really like the larger window on the 510.  But, I think the 65 MOA reticle is too big for my liking.  I confirmed this with my EOTech sight which has the same reticle. 

What I'd really like is the 510 sized sight and viewing area, with the 507 size reticle.  I think the 32 MOA reticle would be perfect on the 510C.  Anyone else agree?

^^^^^This^^^^

510 window , 32 MOA ring 3 or 6MOA dot.

So I used to have a full size Cmore and I really liked it.  I wanted to see what the 510C was all about. Let me tell you that the bigger window is wow and I feel I can call my shots better. It's a little getting used to a smaller dot becasue I used to use a 6moa but I think it was a good move for me to change to this optic. 

IMG_20200109_183811_725_copy_929x652.jpg

How do you like the 65moa circle?
When I did some experimenting using my eotech, I felt the outer circle wasn’t very useful for the ranges I shoot at. I really like the 32moa reticle on the 507c, but wish it was available on the 510. Maybe we all need to contact Holosun to request it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that the 65 moa circle is too big to be useful. I haven't used the 507C with the 32 moa circle, but I would be interested in checking it out.

I use the 510C with the green dot and only use the single dot mode. 

Edited by avastcosmicarena

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 10:09 PM, ar15rick said:

On the 510C I only use the dot for my open gun. To me I think having a circle or ring might be to much if a distraction. Atleast for me it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've started using 510c on pcc with with dot and circle on. With open i like the the dot only.  I think you are right, too much distraction having both on But, I shoot with dpp now since I broke 2 510c on my open. 

On 3/11/2020 at 5:24 PM, Cuz said:

I agree.  I had the 507c on my STI SteelMaster and liked the 32/2 MOA circle/dot but didn't like the small window (it replaced my C-More 12 MOA railway).  So I replaced the 507c with the 510c.  I really like the large window.  But, I agree that the 65 MOA circle is a little large.  I also don't think the circle/dot on the 510c is as bright as the 507c.  It's bright enough (in bright Florida sun) but not as bright as the 507c.  I think the perfect combo would be the very bright 507c 32/2 MOA circle/dot in the 510c large window or even better, a 32 MOA circle with a 6 or 8 MOA dot.  Home run!

Edited by mvmojo

i use a 510c on my open gun, ill post a pic here in a bit, but man i use the entire 65 moa holoring and the dot in the middle. the window is huge, and if you use both you will never struggle to find the dot again. its like as soon as i draw it its on target.....my only wish is that i had gone green instead of red