Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Tron

On 8/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, mellino19 said:

Wait, am I not insane in my recent issues of trigger freeze with my CMC thinking it was only mental? Not to hijack thread or change directions but I've noticed some lately but have had zero issues otherwise.

Edit: just realized you meant this on Timney...did the good ol'read and reply without reading whole post 😛

Trigger freeze is a real thing unfortunately. I have encountered it numerous times in training and in the match. That is why I love the hiperfire. Im going to upload a footage of where it actually bothered me. You could see that I actually had to go back and renegage mt follow up shot.

A lot of people who have never felt it will tell you youre just not letting the trigger reset properly... You can actually simulate it in the cmc and the timney's... Just rapid fire it and you will get a hiccup. The pcc wont be able to keep the cadence you set it out to.

Edited by Jcgatus
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/29/2019 at 11:11 AM, mellino19 said:

Wait, am I not insane in my recent issues of trigger freeze with my CMC thinking it was only mental? Not to hijack thread or change directions but I've noticed some lately but have had zero issues otherwise.

Edit: just realized you meant this on Timney...did the good ol'read and reply without reading whole post 😛

7 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

A lot of people who have never felt it will tell you youre just not letting the trigger reset properly... You can actually simulate it in the cmc and the timney's... Just rapid fire it and you will get a hiccup. The pcc wont be able to keep the cadence you set it out to.

I have the same experience you posted in the video at least twice per match, if you saw some of my instagram videos (same username as here) you'll see some of the blatant hang ups/hiccups I'll have when going after some targets rather quickly - I thought I just still hadn't figured out the cadence for some reason. Curious if I should try a hiperfire, seems LOTS of pcc guys use them. I used to have an Elftmann and never had freeze but lots of failure to reset so I went CMC since I never has issues with them in my ARs.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, mellino19 said:

I have the same experience you posted in the video at least twice per match, if you saw some of my instagram videos (same username as here) you'll see some of the blatant hang ups/hiccups I'll have when going after some targets rather quickly - I thought I just still hadn't figured out the cadence for some reason. Curious if I should try a hiperfire, seems LOTS of pcc guys use them. I used to have an Elftmann and never had freeze but lots of failure to reset so I went CMC since I never has issues with them in my ARs.

I usually use a hiperfire trigger. I live by it and it so do hundreds of shooters. I plan on going back to hiperfire soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, Gviz said:

Jcgatus, very interested what loads you use for your tron and if you use the same loads for your pistols. Thanks in advance 

I shoot 147gr remans from Extreme Reloading NV. Im sponsored by them but I was a fan even before that. I have more recent videos where I finally won my division and class, placed 2nd overall. It definitely helps minimize dot movement.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 12:37 AM, Gviz said:

Jcgatus, very interested what loads you use for your tron and if you use the same loads for your pistols. Thanks in advance 

I can shoot my Limited Minor load from my limcat wildcat through the Tron. I did have Limcat  ream the barrel. I’m just shooting the pistol load through the tron.

n320 @ 4.2 

Montana Gold 124 JHP

the are 140 pf  

Here is an update on my kitty.

About 5 months and 5k rounds later,  you can clearly see something looks different with the tron. About 2 months ago, I competed in the Tropang Vegas Presidents Cup. Awesome match, but every round kept giving me malfunctions.

Double and triple feeds! I got fed up and drove down the street to New Frontier Armory where I bought a 9mm glock lower. I had the gunsmith swap out the parts and moved it over.

it has ran reliable since then. I contacted Limcat and informed them about this. They sent me 2 tuned colt pcc mags. I want to give it another chance but I there are too many pros with glock mags. 

overall, I really regret buying this overpriced pcc. I was doing well with the mbx and stalled with tron. Lesson learned! 

CYMERA_20191201_225459.jpg

On 12/2/2019 at 2:04 AM, Jcgatus said:

Here is an update on my kitty.

About 5 months and 5k rounds later,  you can clearly see something looks different with the tron. About 2 months ago, I competed in the Tropang Vegas Presidents Cup. Awesome match, but every round kept giving me malfunctions.

Double and triple feeds! I got fed up and drove down the street to New Frontier Armory where I bought a 9mm glock lower. I had the gunsmith swap out the parts and moved it over.

it has ran reliable since then. I contacted Limcat and informed them about this. They sent me 2 tuned colt pcc mags. I want to give it another chance but I there are too many pros with glock mags. 

overall, I really regret buying this overpriced pcc. I was doing well with the mbx and stalled with tron. Lesson learned! 

Do the "tuned" mags look any different?  Post a pic of the "tuned" feed lips if you have time.

On 12/2/2019 at 1:04 AM, Jcgatus said:

it has ran reliable since then. I contacted Limcat and informed them about this. They sent me 2 tuned colt pcc mags.

I have never heard of tuned colt smg mags, how are they tuned? 

2 minutes ago, bwikel said:

I have never heard of tuned colt smg mags, how are they tuned? 

I have "adjusted" all my mags to work with my particular Colt setups.  That includes shaving or bending feed lips and compressing the mag body in a vice.

But I would certainly like to know what compromises a "tuned" Colt SMG mag.

22 minutes ago, BartCarter said:

I have "adjusted" all my mags to work with my particular Colt setups.  That includes shaving or bending feed lips and compressing the mag body in a vice.

But I would certainly like to know what compromises a "tuned" Colt SMG mag.

I have never seen a metalform mag (the only legitimate colt mags) need tuning. 

My titan rocket went the NFA lower just fine. The finish was what I would consider better than average for a printed item so I didn't touch the actual magwel. It did need some blending for a true chute with no edges. I like the techwel on my wife's Gibbs alot better but its twice the money.

3 hours ago, JsK said:

My titan rocket went the NFA lower just fine. The finish was what I would consider better than average for a printed item so I didn't touch the actual magwel. It did need some blending for a true chute with no edges. I like the techwel on my wife's Gibbs alot better but its twice the money.

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm not too worried about the outside finish... But I've heard that printed magwells may have a rough inside surface that might catch or just not be smooth for reloads.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:21 PM, SergioSF said:

Is that a Titan Rocket magwell? How do you like it? Did it need any trimming or sanding? TIA!

The minute grooves on it dont disturb my loads one bit. I dryfire a lot and compared to techwell, it feeds just right! Techwell just has a tughter funnel

On 12/3/2019 at 11:17 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

Me neither which is why I'd like to see a picture of whatever Limcat did.

I will get you those pics. But when I brought a micrometer to it, the feed lips were a lot closer. There were some grind marks too.

Personally I like the techwel better but I think it's a moot point for an NFA lower since titan is the only game in town. The titan is serviceable and better than alot printed ones I have seen.

Screenshot_20191205-125732_Gallery.jpg

1 hour ago, JsK said:

Personally I like the techwel better but I think it's a moot point for an NFA lower since titan is the only game in town. The titan is serviceable and better than alot printed ones I have seen.

Screenshot_20191205-125732_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for these photos! The Techwell definitely LOOKS better.