Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CO. if my dot died halfway in a match and i shot the rest

Sandbagger123

On 7/30/2019 at 2:48 AM, motosapiens said:

If the firearm is unsafe, you don't get a reshoot. You only get a reshoot if you are stopped for a suspected safety problem that turns out to not be valid (i.e. suspected squib, but the barrel is clear). If your gun is doubling/tripling and you get stopped, the stage is scored as shot.

Yup that's the way.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2019 at 11:42 AM, MikeBurgess said:

So devils advocate question, 

A shooter has their optic fall off during a course of fire, do they get moved for open for using a non division compliant gun during a course of fire?

Like this? 😂😂

Edited by ehowell12

yep Just like that. 🙂 

Unfortunately if  He got moved to open (I'm reasonably sure he didn't) I cant see how the move could be argued, an Arb committee has to cite a rule to overturn the call and I cant find one. Just like if a shooter only used a 142mm Mag for part of a stage and they didn't use all the bullets in the mag so no advantage was gained, doesn't matter.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:51 PM, motosapiens said:

so if holster slides during the stage, after the shooter has drawn his gun (say, when he goes prone), would you say the competitor shot the course of while out of compliance? I'm not sure I could say that with a straight face.

Saw this happen at an Area match and shooter was moved to Open. Carry Optic shooter Went down for prone and mag pouches moved forward of hip, when they got up and holstered, the CRO notified them of equipment violation. 

On September 20, 2019 at 12:31 PM, HoMiE said:

Saw this happen at an Area match and shooter was moved to Open. Carry Optic shooter Went down for prone and mag pouches moved forward of hip, when they got up and holstered, the CRO notified them of equipment violation. 

That one had to sting a little. I had my mag or pouch hit a table and move (out of compliance for SS) I engaged a popper,  reset my belt THEN moved to the next position. I did received a procedural because I engaged a popper but maybe I should have been bumped to Open. 

Edited by a matt

46 minutes ago, NickBlasta said:

If I shoot with a dot folded, am I good?

JcQX529.jpg

as long as it is mounted to your slide behind the ejection port your good to go. Legal and smart are obviously not the same. 

It blows my mind that people that are so worried about having backup sights would not just worry about having a dot that works and would rather have one that is in no way going to work as well but could be folded out of the way when it fails

3 hours ago, a matt said:

That one had to sting a little. I had my mag or pouch hit a table and move (out of compliance for SS) I engaged a popper,  reset my belt THEN moved to the next position. I did received a procedural because I engaged a popper but maybe I should have been bumped to Open. 

No such thing as a procedural for that. 

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

No such thing as a procedural for that. 

I want to start a movement for a rules change that fixes all the issues. 

you and your gear must be in division compliance at the start signal. Just like you have to be in the correct position so does your gear, after the start signal solve the stage however you want.

Yes I mean if you want to pick up mags and put them in you pockets (thats actually pretty real world like the gear we want CO, PR, SS shooters to use), holster, socks, wherever, great it doesn't hurt anything or the sport in any way. 

beyond that, if you want to move your production mags to the front, on the clock go for it, want to add rounds to a mag, cool. lets face it if your shooting production and at the start signal you load 17 more rounds in a mag and move the pouch to the front and snap on your tungsten mag well then start shooting your loosing the match.

On 9/27/2019 at 2:10 PM, MikeBurgess said:

you and your gear must be in division compliance at the start signal. Just like you have to be in the correct position so does your gear, after the start signal solve the stage however you want.

I think this is a very interesting idea and has some intuitive appeal to me.  It does raise a few questions:

If we make this like start position issues, and it turns out 8 stages in to a 10 stage match that a competitor has been started all day in wrong gear conditions for their division, are they forced to reshoot all 8 stages?  Can they (or the MD?) opt to bump to open instead?  

Also, does this cover all aspects of gear?   

On 9/27/2019 at 12:10 PM, MikeBurgess said:

I want to start a movement for a rules change that fixes all the issues. 

I suspect that the sort of RO's that just want to be dicks will still find a way to do so under those rules. Those guys are why we already have 1923874981723907432 different special rules.

44 minutes ago, ATLDave said:

I think this is a very interesting idea and has some intuitive appeal to me.  It does raise a few questions:

If we make this like start position issues, and it turns out 8 stages in to a 10 stage match that a competitor has been started all day in wrong gear conditions for their division, are they forced to reshoot all 8 stages?  Can they (or the MD?) opt to bump to open instead?  

Also, does this cover all aspects of gear?   

interesting thought,

I would be more apt to put the division compliance on the shooter, still bump them to open if they are not in compliance at the start, but if some how they become out of compliance during the run (holster moves picked up a mag and stuck it somewhere, optic falls off) then  just make what most of us already do the actual rule. 

If I'm the RO and a optic falls off I'm not going to bump them to open, but as it is the rules say I should.